New and looking for motivators!

Options
Hey everyone! I originally came to this site for calorie/workout tracking. Then I starting reading some of the message boards and thought this seems like a great way to branch out and stay motivated!

I am currently 25 years old, and have lost roughly 140 pounds in the last four years. I have tried pretty much everything...Weight Watchers, Body for Life, and a few other diet plans I don't remember anymore. What worked for me was breaking down and hiring trainers, as well as a nutritionist. I still have a few pounds to lose to get to my original goal weight, but I am healthier than I have ever been! I compete in triathlons, play competitive volleyball, and am currently training for my first century bike ride and marathon. I have also just picked back up with a trainer to work on developing more strength and to tone. I still struggle with food choices, and staying motivated to workout! That is why I am here!

I am hoping to meet people with the same overall goal as me--to become healthier through better eating and increased activity--and would be more than happy to offer any advice. Over the years I have acquired a vast knowledge of various workout programs, training schedules, and nutrition optimization.

Replies

• brhaunparks
    brhaunparks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feek free to add me. I'm on here every day, diary is opeb to all and I do my best to stay motivated and motivate others.
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Sounds like you have really made a great change in your life the past few years, good for you! My husband and I started in March and just did our first 5k Mud Run, which was awesome! Though I think we are still pretty far from a triathlon LOL! I am pretty close to my weight loss goal and mostly at this point I am trying to get in better shape more than lose weight. We both do the gym 3-4 nights a week. I'm not anywhere in your ball park of skills but would love to be friends. Sounds like you have experience to lend. Good luck!
  • mrswoob
    mrswoob Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me too if you like, I use the food diary every day x
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me for support and encourgement
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • blmayou
    blmayou Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me.
  • wclassy
    wclassy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I'm nine days in on mfp...and I'm very pleased with the site and my progressive... I'm hoping to lose alot of weight...75 pounds! I've following the tracking daily...and been honest on what I'm eating. Not sure I would be if I had to stand in front of a group. Yikes. I haven't been on the scale since starting as I want to be delightfully surprised a Big Loss of pounds (hopefully). I find weight myself everyday is stressful right now...and as most woman our weight goes up and down by a few pounds just from water. Also trying to squeeze in some exercise a few days a week. so wish you well on your weight-loss journey.
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. you can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish.:smile:
  • pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for motivation too!!

Feel free to add me!!

Paula
  • morninglory5782
    morninglory5782 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Add me, too! I'm new too. I've lost about 40 on WW and got burnt out on it so I'm trying this. I like it so far, but just trying to get involved and make friends :D