Pregnancy 2010 - Week 2

Options

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Still sick, still no period ... should I take pregnancy test #2 today or wait? today is day 15 after ovulation.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Still sick, still no period ... should I take pregnancy test #2 today or wait? today is day 15 after ovulation.

Sorry you're still sick - but maybe it's a good thing?

Me - I sawy if you want to take it - go for it! Enjoy it the nervousness! You only have afirst baby once - relish in the little moments that are your own!
    Waiting...not my thing. LOL
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    hmm decisions, because don't they say that you don't have a cycle longer than 16 days after ovulation without a period?!
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    Angela, sorry you aren't feeling well still. I would say just take it. It's close enough to Saturday and I don't think I'd be able to wait if I were you. I like what jalara said - relish all these little moments.

Jalara-it must be a HUGE lifestyle change for you. The kids in our family who have it have had it since being infants. It was a hard change for their parents learning everything. I know how serious it is and know it is just as important as any other allergy.

Like stated above, the books have a LOT of info. in them. Anything for the best things to eat before, during pregnancy, best positions, how to track, etc. Getting Pregnant is bigger and has a lot more info. such as: how to get pregnant fast, 6 new ways to avoid miscarriage, how to choose the sex of your baby, which vitamins, and on and on and on...

If you're not sure about actually buying them, the library has a couple copies of each - they're pretty popular.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    thanks for the info!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Ok so I was reading up on my "baby-making material" and although it does say that a luteal period lunger than 16 days after ovulation is very rare, that if right after ovulating your temp drops back down you should start counting from that day, so technically I'm only at day 12 and not 15 since that happened to me. *sigh. Such a long cycle! I"m on day 33 today~! I did go ahead and buy a pregnancy test though so I'll probably take it just for the hell of it. I either want to be pregnant and know it already, or have my period so we can get rolling on next month! haha
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    2nd pregnancy test is POSITIVE!!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Yay! Congratulations Angela! I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now, but I am so happy for you!

I can't wait to hear the details of what happened after you saw the result! Congratulations to you and your husband! This is so wonderful!

:flowerforyou:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I had gone to the store and purchased the tests and had drank a whole bunch of water to make myself have to go ... and then my hubby came home. So I took the test and a faint plus came up right away and stayed! So just to be sure we did a second test and that one came up positive too! We were so excited except today is the worse day yet as far as being sick, especially after calling everyone to tell them ... AND my OBG nurse called and said I can't take my cough meds anymore so I'm even more miserable and am a little scared at how tonight will go. *sigh. I have Robitussin, but it's not working as well. *sigh

BUT I'M PREGNANT! YAY! Official ultra sound is February 12th.

So ... who's next? haha
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good morning all and happy happy happy pregnancy to you, Angela!
    I have't logged in in a while because there has been lots and lots going on in my life - we're pregnant too! And can I just say how GOOD it feels to say out loud???? (My husband has decided he wants to wait a few more weeks to tell the family and I am just bursting with the news!)
    I have been trying to stick with running a few times a week, but I am feeling soooo sluggish when I get home from work lately - I hope that it will improve, but in the meantime, i just have to drag myself out there!
    Eating has been going pretty well - I am newly addicted to fruit of all kinds! I eat about 26 servings a day! Realised that I needed to get in some more veggies so I made *gallons* of different soups and froze them in portions for lunch or snacks.
    Am wishing all of you the best of luck with all your goals - especially The Big One!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I had taken a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it was negative, so I got so caught up in the positive test that we called our families and told our closest friends ... and then i was like ... wait, what if I'm not?! So I took a second one and sure enough it's positive, so now we're just praying, praying, praying for a healthy pregnancy and child. We have close friends who recently suffered a loss with a miscarriage and it didn't even occur to me to wait to tell people until a few weeks in until AFTER we told everyone. *sigh.

So anyway ... CONGRATS MEISJE! If I couldn't resist telling people without even thinking the other way around, you must be dying to get it out knowing that you both want to wait a few weeks to tell! Is this your first child? It's our first, so we're stoked but the nervousness definately hit this afternoon!!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Wow, congratulations girls !!!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    You'll be close behind us!
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    Congratulations Angela and Meisje!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am so happy for both of you. How exciting!!! What a thrill!!! I have a friend who is waiting to tell everyone, but I don't know if I could. I hope you both the best these first couple weeks. I'm sure since you are really focusing on what you're eating and everything, everything will be better with tiredness, etc. Yay!!!! Our firsts on our thread (and it's only week 2!!). I have a feeling this will be a really great year for everyone on this thread.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    agreed! and I guess I'll be more motivated to post those healthy foods for pregnancies now. haha sorry guys!
  • alyson212
    Options

OHHHH that is soooo exciting congrats hope you feel better soon before the morning sickness sets in(unless your one of the lucky few to avoid it) I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!!
  • alyson212
    Options
    I have't logged in in a while because there has been lots and lots going on in my life - we're pregnant too!

congrats to you as well !!! oh my all pregnant women and making me so jealous I can not wait to get pregnant again but i am sticking to my guns and not trying till i get down to my goal weight i can't be heavy like i was my first two plus my body needs a break i had my first two back to back. Congrats again hope you have a happy and healthy nine months
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    still ... so ... sick ...
  • jbunzsno
    jbunzsno Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have't logged in in a while because there has been lots and lots going on in my life - we're pregnant too!

congrats to you as well !!! oh my all pregnant women and making me so jealous I can not wait to get pregnant again but i am sticking to my guns and not trying till i get down to my goal weight i can't be heavy like i was my first two plus my body needs a break i had my first two back to back. Congrats again hope you have a happy and healthy nine months

i am right there with you. I am jealous too, so many people around me right now founding out that they are pregnant. But I was overweight for my last pregnancy and I want to be healthy for my next one too.

And CONGRATS to you Angela and Meisje !!! Soooo excited for you!
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    I love the baby chart you have at the bottom of your signature!! That is so cool to see where the baby is and what's going on. :smile: