A Womans Week at the Gym

Options
JennaM222
JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
A WOMAN'S WEEK AT THE GYM

If you read this without laughing out loud, there is something wrong with you.

This is dedicated to everyone who has ever hired a personal trainer :)

Dear Diary,
For my birthday this year, I purchased a week of personal training at the local health club. Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Christo, who identified himself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.

Friends seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.
Started my day at 6:00 am. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Christo waiting for me. He is something of a Greek god-- with blond hair, dancing eyes, and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!!

Christo gave me a tour and showed me the machines.. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!

Christo was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around.

This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!
I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door.. Christo made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then he put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. His rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT! It's a whole new life for me.
The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot.
Christo was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. His voice is a little too perky for that early in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying.
My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Christo put me on the stair monster. Why the hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Christo told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other **** too.
*kitten* was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late-- it took me that long to tie my shoes.
He took me to work out with dumbbells. When he was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. He sent some skinny ***** to find me.
Then, as punishment, he put me on the rowing machine-- which I sank.
I hate that *kitten* Christo more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic, little aerobics instructor. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it.
Christo wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the damn barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich.
The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?
Satan left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing his voice made me want to smash the machine with my planner; however, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel..
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my husband will choose a gift for me that is fun-- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Laughing out loud at my desk. Awesome!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Oh, thanks - that was awesome! I'm glad I didn't wear makeup today - laughing so hard I'm crying...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,510 Member
    Options
    A client sent this same thing to me. Hilarious!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i think it's becoming more evident to me that i don't have the same sense of humor as a lot of people.

i found this amusing, but i didn't laugh, or even chuckle. something might be wrong with me.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    LOL

I felt like this somewhat, but it took months.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RubyWare
    RubyWare Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is too funny! I'm getting odd looks from my coworkers for giggling at my desk :tongue:
  • loverleigh
    Options
    ROFL!
  • bartcal
    bartcal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the chuckle at work.
  • angelamarie609
    Options
    I could not stop laughing!! Thank you :laugh:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I dig it
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I've seen this before....but I stil LOL!!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Reposting for dummies:

Im+not+sure+if+this+is+a+repost+but_d6ccaf_3807017.jpg

I did laugh at this (the OP) the first time I read it though.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    LMFAO
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Best post I have ever read on MFP, LMAO
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    Options
    lol this is GREAT!!!! but i still want a personal trainer lol
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    i think it's becoming more evident to me that i don't have the same sense of humor as a lot of people.

i found this amusing, but i didn't laugh, or even chuckle. something might be wrong with me.

I finally started laughing at Wednesday. LOL!