No Sugar?

Options
What is everyone's take on diabetic Diets? Alot of my friends cut out sugar and immediatly lost weight. So far my plan is no sugar (unless its natural sugar)....veggies....fruits...and salads...oh and cant forget my tuna! Is this a good idea? hahahaha I'm so lame.... and always second guessing myself
Thanks!
love
cassie

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Try it out and see how it goes. Although replacing processed sugars with natural, healthy foods sounds like a great idea to me!
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea, biggest thing that helped me when cutting out sugar was upping my water intake alot, started carrying around a gallon of water everywhere I went, lol
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    All you can do it try it. You may find it works for you and you may find that it is too difficult. I am trying to follow some of those "ideas" because I am hypoglycemic and dont want to become Diabetic. AND, also, too much sugar already makes it difficult for me to drop weight. In doing this, I have found that things I used to eat and LOVE are too sweet for me now! :)

GOOD LUCK!!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I think it's a great idea, biggest thing that helped me when cutting out sugar was upping my water intake alot, started carrying around a gallon of water everywhere I went, lol

^^^^YELP!!!!!^^^^
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    don't eat too much fruit though. you will see the results after a couple of days.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    It worked for me and its not as bad as I thought it would be! I get my energy from my proteins and everything plays out perfectly!! You can take a look at my diary if you want!
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    don't eat too much fruit though. you will see the results after a couple of days.

I actually cut my fruits and only eat them as "treats"
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I have "detoxed" from sugar twice. The first day or 2 may bring on more intense food cravings and headaches until your body adjusts. I always feel much better once I have eliminated processed sugars from my diet. More energy and less food cravings. Good luck!
  • Trevorlee_01
    Options
    I heard that it works so I think I may try my best to get off sugar. It's going to be tough. My biggest problem has been I drink waaaayyyyy too much soda pop. If I can just stop drinking it that will pr obably help me big time.
  • cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    Options
    I feel ya Trev! My biggest problem is my coffee...mainly my creamer... i've been working on just some splenda and Half and Half (with NO sugar)... its been an adjustment but i'm getting there