Hello everyone! It's day one for me.

Options
I have just joined today and wanted to say hello! I'm feeling more motivated than I ever have to get healthy and lose this embarrassing weight!:happy: I just wanted to get a foot in the door and maybe connect with some people in the same boat. I've never been this huge in my entire life and have over 100 pounds to lose. SO - hello to you all! I'm ready to get this started! :smile:

Replies

• mnw1117
    mnw1117 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hii:) Welcome.. you will soon learn that this place is a second home (cliche I know) But sooo true. The people here are friendly and supportive which is makes this journey so much easier! Feel free to add me.. I would love to have you part of the team!! :) Good luck on your transformation!
  • Dcvanasse
    Dcvanasse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • justgin
    justgin Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome! And good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • Blubin2003
    Options
    Welcome--am reasonable new myself--started two weeks ago today and have already lost 9 lbs--I have over 100 lbs to lose myself--good luck to you and your coming success--
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new to this program and liking it. I made it through WEEK 1 and lost 1.5lbs. I decided to reset my goal to a 5lb loss, and just start this program by trying to lose 5lbs at a time. The larger number was kind of overwhelming to me. The thing with this program, you will be able to set the bar for yourself and make it happen. I wish you every success!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    welcome, welcome! do this slowly, one day at a time. 5-10# increments will seem a lot less overwhelming!
  • jgall41
    jgall41 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats to you! One day at a time. Remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel, so DON'T GIVE UP! Time flies so keep believing, and working towards the goal daily. GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • shocker1974
    shocker1974 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WELCOME and Good Luck on your journey. Add me if you would like. I would be more than happy to support you on your journey.
  • stillme4you
    Options
    I've been here a week. Love it! Good luck and welcome!
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Hello...remember Slow and Steady!! I have been logging on MFP since July 1, 2012 and I have dropped 18lbs and plenty of more to go. I friend requested you
  • marsviolet
    marsviolet Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can definitely do it!! :):)
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Hi - welcome to MFP - it's a great site. Feel free to add me if you're looking for MFPFs. Had about 70lbs to lose a year ago - have 40lbs to go.
  • Dcvanasse
    Dcvanasse Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you all! I'm feeling really encouraged and didn't even realize there would be so much support! This is gonna be awesome! :-)
  • SnokkiBear87
    Options
    :smile: hey this is my 2nd day and i am finding it quite good

Hope you enjoy the website, i find it really encouraging, feel free to add me if you like
  • adaffern
    adaffern Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello! Today is my day one also! I love MFP. Used it in the past, but got off track and distracted easily. More determined this time.

I sent you a friend request. We can keep each other encouraged. :-)
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've found the right place for support, information, friends and even entertainment. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MerBear1FL
    Options
    Welcome to your new Second Family!

Wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!
  • GOBIGGOHOME
    Options
    You are going to love it here. So much information,but most of all so much support.
    You are in the right place.
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck with your weight loss!
    Definately try reading through some of these forums, especially ones with progress pictures, they are so motivating :D:flowerforyou:
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you! I've lost 63 pounds since March, and still have well over 100 pounds to go. You can do this!