To all my ladies (or guys) who are obsessed with their hair

Options
Hj723
Hj723 Posts: 141 Member
So I've been getting up every morning and working out before work and then again about an hour before bed. I can't go to work smelling like I just crawled out of the gym and I'm not going to climb into bed and sleep in my sweat (gross!!). I'm a little concerned on the possible damage I've been doing to my hair from shampooing and conditioning it twice a day. I have naturally straight LONG LONG hair (which also means I'm concerned about my wallet) that I can't manage with just water alone. Any suggestions.

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    can you shower without washing your hair?
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Coconut extra virgin oil.
    At night rub coconut all over your hair and scalp and tie a dry towel or old tshirt around your head/hair and go to sleep.

In the morning wash = amazing hair.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    15659.jpg

BEST. THING. EVER.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    At night rub coconut all over your hair and scalp and tie a dry towel or old tshirt around your head/hair and go to sleep.

If I had dry hair I would be all over this!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Don't work out twice a day.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    My issue was more of a salt and pepper one.....................but I found a solution:)
  • Hj723
    Options
    My issue was more of a salt and pepper one.....................but I found a solution:)

:)
  • odusgolp
    Options

Good Decision. Clearly, I'm in support of the razor.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options

It's also amazing for the skin. After you shower, rub this oil all over before towel drying and while you are still wet. Air dry = amazing skin.
  • odusgolp
    Options

It's also amazing for the skin. After you shower, rub this oil all over before towel drying and while you are still wet. Air dry = amazing skin.

My skin is hideous. I shall rub myself.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    My hair is my nineteenth best feature. I wash and condition it twice a day on most days, but I am also sure to moisturize it and revitalize it.

Those kinds of things that you don't want in your refrigerator because they are fatty, like mayonnaise and egg yolks, is fantastic for your hair in a "once in a while" conditioning.

A healthy diet heavy in omega-3 fatty acids [salmon, tuna, walnuts, almonds, flax seed oil] will help your hair shine. Also make sure to get a fair dosage of your B vitamins and folic acid [add some onions to your diet].

Make sure you know the ingredients of your shampoos and conditioners. I avoid paraffins and inorganic compounds.
    -wtk
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    Take a bath, and not wash your hair!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Pull your hair up in a bun and don't get it wet during your showers. It will take some getting used to, but it's possible. Your hair should only be washed every other day. Doing it every day will damage your hair.
  • Hj723
    Options
    can you shower without washing your hair?

If I didn't sweat this would be an option..... but my hair is usually already drenched.

Probably would make sense to do it the night before a rest day since I wouldn't be getting up in the morning to workout. Love the idea though

It works for me this way
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    @ 2 muchsauce - Love your solution! Both would have looked great though!
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Tie your hair up before your evening shower, and only wash it on the mornings? You'll probably need to start switching your pillowcases more often though. It would be a shame to save your hair only to hurt your facial skin :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Just rinse it and throw in some conditioner. I did that when I was working out 2x a day and I do it now because if I wash every day my hair falls out.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

This. For real

Unless you want to do that for the rest of your life
  • mhouston2011
    Options

I like your solution!!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Take a bath, and not wash your hair!

Yes, this. I only wash my hair once or twice a week, even if I'm doing activities like Bikram yoga where I sweat a lot. It's fine.