Weight loss from around 300 lbs.

Options
I just started my journey, for the I-don't-want-to-know-how-many-times-I've-attempted-before-this-one, time. I read online that a good way to inspire yourself is to have a picture of yourself skinny and hang it somewhere you'll see it everyday, like on the fridge in the kitchen. There are pictures of me skinny, but they're all usually of my face and not of my body.

So, I was hoping to see success photos of you guys who have lost weight starting from around or pretty close to 300 lbs. :D

Replies

• lemichie
    Options
    I don't have any awesome pics to show you, but just know that not too long ago I was starting my journey on myfitnesspal, feeling kinda hopeless, and thinking that my goal was super far away... and now 5 months later, I've lost 40 lbs and I'm 1/2 way to my goal. I have a few profile pics that you can kind of see the facial changes 40 pounds can make.

All I can say is, stick with it. This tracking-everything-you-eat thing really does work!!! Good luck!~
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    25850615_1106.jpg

I started at 315 and am now down 52 pounds. First picture I was about 300 at the time and last picture is when I hit 50 pounds lost.
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    no pics yet here either! but i was 290 on june 9th when i started. here i am down 29 lbs today! an average of about 10 lbs a week! <3 i have a long way to go, but i am ready for this! <3

glad your here!
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You can look through the pics on my profile. I statred at 332 and am currently 224. Looking to get to 175.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving2006.jpg

thanksgiving 2006 8 months pregnant with my daughter.

Shaysphotoshoots034.jpg

June of this year.

Still have a little ways to go. I started in February 2007 at 272 and just recently weighed in at 193. Good luck
  • jrwilson13
    jrwilson13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG please tell me what did you do? You look great! what was your diet, what did you eat, and what exercise did you do?
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    OMG please tell me what did you do? You look great! what was your diet, what did you eat, and what exercise did you do?

Up to this point it was strictly eat less and move more. I was using a cookbook from Hungry girl that was 300 meals under 300 calories. Now I am using the Body by Vi shakes for breakfast and lunch, two healthy snacks, and a normal dinner with my family. I am exercising 6 days a week with a variety of things from zumba to P90X, to walking, to riding my bike, to Xbox and Wii workouts. My motto has become one day, one step at a time.
  • MosierTim
    MosierTim Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have some pictures on my Blog....you are welcome to check them out...

http://maninmyshadow.com/2012/06/14/a-picture-is-worth-a-thousand-words/
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I only started at 205, but I lost 70 pounds down to 135. I started when I was 50 and am now 55. Weight loss will not stick unless you can resign yourself to making it a lifestyle choice. I decided to make mine Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, MD. www.drfuhrman.com Never felt better, have never had more energy, and have never kept my weight off before. I only do moderate to light exercise and sit behind my desk at home most of the day.

Make a commitment to yourself to do this. It isn't a race, it is your life. You can do it. It isn't easy but it isn't impossible, either. I've been hypothyroid since age 19. I never weighed 135 before or wore smaller than a size 8 and that was like maybe for a month or two due to a fad diet and not changing my lifestyle.

Now I am confident I can keep the weight off, keep my exercise going because I am doing it for ME and my healthy while it is still good.

Also very helpful to me was www.fatloser.com Steve Siebold is a motivational speaker who offers this free email video program to help motivate you. A quick 8 - 22 minute video comes your way each day for 30 days and he's gone. No cost and no spam. It really made a difference when I couldn't find the motivation to help myself.

The best of luck to you! You can do it! Check out my profile pictures.
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You can check out the pics in my profile. The first was taken about a year before my journey, I don't think I was even up to my highest weight yet. When I started I was at 346 lbs. The second picture was probably around 240. The last one which is my current profile pic was taken over the weekend and at 213.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!