Wii fit

Options
Has anyone had any sucsess with the wii fit? I have one and just started using it. Can it really make you lose weight??

Replies

• summercox
    summercox Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't know about how effective the wii fit game. I used it for a while and it doesn't really get your heart rate up. The only thing that would be effective would be the strength training exercises. I purchase Your Shape with Jenny Mcarthy and that thing kicks my butt. Along with diet and exercise using your shape, I have lost 9 pounds since Christmas.
  • I love my Wii Fit. It gets you moving and makes me sweat. So i think it is helps.
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    I do cardio work on the elliptical along with the wii fit. I think it's better for strength training and yoga. It's not really a super great cardio workout, but like anything else, you get out what you put into it.

My mother just got the EA Sports Active for the Wii Fit and she said it's a much better workout. She's been using Wii Fit for about 6 months and she maintained her weight but didn't really lose anything. She said that working out with the EA Sports game kicked her butt like the Wii Fit never did. I haven't tried it myself, though, but I'm seriously thinking about looking into it.
  • carinrogo
    Options
    I just finished 40 min on mine & am sweating & was definitely breathing heavy & "working". I don't think it would be any sort of workout for someone who is already fit, but for me, just starting out, it's great. I also have Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum &, though I know it works because I "feel the burn", I also find it difficult & frustrating at times. I can do Wii Fit for an hour & feel good about it & not get discouraged. It's also encouraging seeing the results & watching that graph line go down. I'm looking forward to shrinking my Mii a few sizes! :-)
    I think Wii Fit is a great way to get started on an exercise routine.
  • AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    I love my wii fit. I have two small children and no time they are able to do the moves with me and for the free step I can turn it to cartoons and still work out. I work out of mine to include Yoga, Strenth training, Free step and boxing. I also do the free run which I can do 30 minutes and my son will get up and run with me half the time. I work by butt off no pun intended and sweat like crazy. It works for me cause I don't have the money for the gym and if I try outside all I will get done is chasing my kids around.
  • sambones76
    Options
    We like to use My Fitness Coach and Dance Dance Revolution (disney) on the Wii to get the heart rate up.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I play the Wii just to keep active, I still workout daily & eat right but, it helps with keeping me moving. The Yoga & Strength training are the best!!! Try it you might like it!!

carinrogo, I'm looking forward to seeing my Mii shrink as well, lol!!!
  • carinrogo
    Options
    leeslim4life: I was shocked when my Mii grew to "my size!" Definitely motivating!!! Lol
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I suggest purchasing Wii Sport! You can burn tons of calories and work up an awesome sweat with Wii Boxing. I also get really into the Wii Baseball. Tons of fun! Good luck :)
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii fit plus when I can't get outside to exercise and on my days off of work when I can't climb my usual 30 flights of stairs per day. I just bought a 4" riser kit to put under the balance board and do "free step" for 30 minutes and two 10 minute sessions of rhythm boxing and rhythm kung-fu.
  • spoiled12976
    Options
    I tried the Wii fit and the wii fit plus, to me they were ok. Anything to get you moving. But i prefer the EA Sports active. I love it. I look forward to working out each day. It has lots of exercises to choose from. I personally love the boxing and tennis and I sweat my but off doing it but it has many, many other exercises that you can choose from. You can create your own program or choose from a list of premade workouts. Good Luck in your decision :happy:

382419.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ShawnaNation
    Options
    Oh yes!! I sweat every day! Just keep at it and eat right you will see results while having fun.:flowerforyou:
  • TtotheAtotheB
    Options
    I just started the EA sports active Personal Trainer... I am doing the 30 day Challenge with Bob Greene... I was sweating on my first day which was Thursday...
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    leeslim4life: I was shocked when my Mii grew to "my size!" Definitely motivating!!! Lol

LOL!!! Me too!!! My girl is obese with her little belly shirt! Last yr I was just over weight with the big tummy but, my son reset everyones settings & I had to be re added..... Needless to say I almost fell out when I heard the sad music play & it tell me "that's obese" I felt so sad for my Mii. It was a definite wake up call for me though, I do admit.