Stress Eating

Options
I'm having a rough week, and I'm one of those people who turn to food for stress relief. I have a good friend that is going through a really rough patch and no one can get through to him, we are afraid that we are going to completely lose him. So needless to say I am stressed to the max right about now. I caught myself yesterday eating for comfort when I felt like I just wanted to say screw the diet for today I'm eating what I want. I've kinda been doing that for a couple of days now. So really I just need some support right now to keep me from going to the fridge and eating whatever I find, I have made too much progress to flush it down the toilet cuz my friend is being stupid with his life. Do you ever stress eat and if so how do you deal with it?

Replies

• JenLeffelman
    Options
    I stress eat all the time, its like the beginning of the end though! After a few days of it, I'm like hell with the diet this week, I'll start next week! Then next week comes and what should be one cheat day for a party or something turns into another week. Then I'm stressed out again because not only have i jumped the wagon... I almost ran out of sight from it. And thats how you get lost. I have so many friends around me that make bad decisions. You have to understand that you can't help somebody who doesn't want the help yet. Thats also why we are all here. We decided that we wanted and needed help to stay motivated! I say run back to that wagon and get back on. Another way to look at it is, how are you going to help a friend if you can't help yourself? Stay strong!!!!! You can get back to where you need to be! And good luck to your friend, life throws the craziest, harshest situations everyday. It truly does make us stronger in the long haul of things!
  • daniellerb8
    daniellerb8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that! You are right, how can I help someone else if I can't help myself? You almost had me in tears reading that, (easy to do this week lol) cuz I guess in a sense food is my drug of choice and if I can't keep myself away from turnign to tht there is no way I can help him. And you are totally right one day off the wagon and im gonna be gone for a long while, I've done it before and it would be easy to do it again. thats why I got online intead of going to the fridge!