Is starbucks an addiction?

I love Starbucks iced white chocolate mocha's! It has such hidden fats and calories. Any suggestions to what else i could switch too?

Replies

• GinaBeana1121
    GinaBeana1121 Posts: 49 Member
    White Mochas are probably the worst drink you could get healthwise. Theres really nothing that matches its sweetness because of the amount of sugar. I used to love them but then I slowly eased myself into liking the taste of coffee. Maybe try a Skinny Mocha if you want a chocolate taste? Or try just a vanilla latte (way less sugar). Personally I have recently fell in love with Skinny French Vanilla (half vanilla half hazelnut). Skinny mocha combined with sugar free hazelnut is delicious also.

I work at Starbucks, can you tell? lol
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    Yes, it is an addiction.. I do the skinny mocha frapp with/out whip cream .. Very good and not as much calories..
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    My husband made me a mocha the other morning, they aren't normally my thing because of the calories but it was delicious. He used brewed coffee, 1TBSP of flavored creamer (no clue what kind we have vanilla & caramel in the fridge) and 1 TBSP of hershey's chocolate syrup. There may have been a packed of splenda in there too. I'm sure if you want to experiment at home you could come up with something to fill the void as far as @ Starbucks, I usually get drip coffee or a skinny vanilla latte so not much help there.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I always get a Skinny Caramel Frapp.. a Tall one is only 100 calories.

Also their Iced Passion Fruit Tazo Tea is really good!
  • I'd say so, superproud to be having a small one as an excercise day treat to myself instead of a giant one every day!
  • Water.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    For Hot days.. non-fat iced caramel macchiato. Cold days an awake tea latte, non-fat again. I think both are under 200 cal (grande), but they fill me up so I don't eat as much at lunch. Today is SB day at work, once a week my co-workers and I go, it is great to get out and keeps my habit contained :)
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Yep, and I'm not ashamed of my Starbucks addiction!

I don't go there very often, maybe once every 6-8 weeks to meet up with a friend. I walk past it about once a week, contemplate going in and getting a coffee to take away, but I know I won't enjoy it as much if I've not got the time to sit down and drink it. So when I do go in, I have a grande caramel macchiato with skimmed milk (I discovered that it makes no difference to the taste, so always get skimmed now) and it comes to 193 calories, which is acceptable to me as a treat. The iced ones have slightly fewer calories, I think.

I really only deviate from that at Christmas, when they have lots of flavours I want to try. Mmm.
  • mariposawillis
    mariposawillis Posts: 5 Member
    Coffee: Try Iced Cafe Americano (10 to 25 cals). 0 sugar 10 sodium.
    Teas: Try Shaken Passion Tea no Lemonade 0 cals, 0 sugar.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    You can order "skinny" versions of Starbucks drinks. Or you could make them yourself at home for less calories.

I love Starbucks too but I mainly stay away from it because of $$$. It can really add up. Instead, I freeze brewed coffee in ice trays and use them (lots of them) as ice cubes in soy milk. It really cuts down calories and is so good!
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Non-fat vanilla latte.... trying to get to sugar-free! But I only get a tall now. No more Grandes!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    I'm addicted to the Frappuccinos. I have to limit myself to one a week. Substitutes just don't do it for me! :tongue:
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Yeah you can order any of their drinks light and it usually knocks off 200 calories or more, also adding a shot of espresso takes out about 15 cals per shot :)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Ahhh, the dreaded flavored coffee drinks. Just think about your white mocha as a treat along the lines of dessert (because that's what it is) and only have it once in a while. Good old fashioned Pike's Place Roast with cream is what I normally go for. It is all the sugar in the flavored drinks that packs on the pounds. A little creamer in your coffee won't do much damage.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    love my STARBUCKS--what i normally do is "treat myself" once every other week. I normally have the Caramel Macchiato, soy, and yes, I even do the whip cream but hey, it's every other weekend AND I make sure that I cut back on my other meals for that day so that I stay within what I'm supposed to eat daily (i.e. calories, fat, protein, etc)
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Yes it is! I love getting the skinny vanilla latte! Its only 90 calories, sugar free, non fat and tastes delicious! Try it!
  • xzotikmama
    xzotikmama Posts: 27 Member
    Yes, it is an Addiction. Just like most people have stated, I treat myself from time to time. I love love the all the tea lemonades but when i do get them I ask for no sweetner. Also my fave fraps are the Mocha cookie crumble and the peppermint Mocha.....i've looked on youtube and have learned how to make them and actually make them a lower-calorie version. So I can still have my addition but with fewer calories.. :)