What's your favorite workout DVD?

Options
My b-day and Christmas are coming up and I don't want to buy workout DVDs myself so I thought I could put them on my gift list! Then I won't feel as guilty for recieving presents (I hate getting presents, but I'm forced to make a list). There are so many kinds of DVDs and programs and such, I'm just wondering what your favorite(s) have been?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Spinnervals
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    Scarface.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Awesome, bump
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried many but I really do like JM 30 Day Shred. It's quick and pushes but totally doable. I tried Slim in 6 by BeachBody (Same company for Insanity) and it just dragged. I couldn't stay focused.
  • sc0ttie
    sc0ttie Posts: 29
    Options
    I've only tried Insanity (Cardio) and Supreme 90 (Strength) and so far my favorite is by far the Supreme 90.
  • sillab
    sillab Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    I keep wanting to try zumba but I can't find any free videos on youtube lol
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Personally I love the Brazilian Butt Lift DVD's. The main focus is the booty/hips/thighs, but I love the dance-y cardio and especially love the ab workout.
  • witchyme
    witchyme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i love Billy Blanks, and his tae-boe DVD's
  • Bethyvm
    Bethyvm Posts: 8
    Options
    Billy Blanks Tae Bo is good, I also like Season 1 of The Biggest Loser and Bob Harpers Beginners workout dvd
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    I've done 30DS, Ripped in 30, Killer Buns and Thighs and am halfway through 6 week 6 pack. They are all great (and are quite inexpensive on amazon) but my favourites have been RI30 and 6W6P. Looking forward to purchasing more of JM's videos!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HC9JJ6/?tag=hyprod-20&hvadid=7607011419&hvpos=1o3&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=927962885140989018&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&ref=asc_df_B003HC9JJ6

I teach a fitness class at church and when the ladies saw the video that first night they laughed because they all felt "above" doing a walking video. I chose it because I wanted to make sure that anyone could come in at any fitness level and participate without feeling overwhelmed. About 5 minutes into the video, the poking fun at it stopped and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that made it through without a water break. (and that was just the 2 mile video) This video isn't the only thing I do. I aim for a 5 mile run several days a week and a 10 mile or more run on Saturdays, but this video is a staple of my routine. I do it probably 4 times a week.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If you want reasonably priced dvds try any Jillian Michaels or Biggest Loser Workouts.
  • mrsmol37
    mrsmol37 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love the Jillian Michael's 30D Shred. I just purchased JM Ripped in 30. Going to try that tonight. For Christmas, I want Jillian Michael's Body Revolution!!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Anything from Bob Harper's 'Inside Out Method' DVDs. 5 bucks from his website. Be warned though that they're tough. This review of the DVDs is funny and entirely accurate: http://welshrunner.blogspot.com/2010/09/bob-harpers-inside-out-method-pure-burn.html

I'm currently working my way through this currently: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S2YN5O/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01

It's a cheapo P90X knockoff, 10 different DVDS, and pretty short but intense workouts. In the long run, I think I would alternate this with Bob's workout DVDs, and throw in Bryan Kest's Power Yoga.

ETA: I have Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30, and while the workouts are good, they're generally too short for my liking, and I find her to be really, really annoying. So I use those only on days when I am running really short on time.
  • KristinWill1023
    KristinWill1023 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    TURBO JAM <3
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Love em! Keep em coming!
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    bump
  • japerkat
    Options
    I bought Brazilian Butt Lift, but haven't tried it yet... :/ I definitely want to check it out though...
  • kolraw
    kolraw Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't do many videos but my wife swears by P90X. She has done P90X 1&2 and Insanity. She also teaches Ripped, muscle busters and Zumba. (You won't find Zumba branded videos on Youtube, look for latin dance or something similar).