New here...

Options
so I am 35.. have 3 kids... and trying to lose weight... slow going... people are so willing to give advice and so many times it's conflicting..... I have battled weight issues all my life... I am a emotional eater...... I over eat.... I've been trying my best to break this.. but it's been hard.... I don't have many supportive people in my life..... my husband is the kind of person who says he supports me... then brings home a cheese cake....... he just doesn't get it.... feel free to add me as a friend... thanks

Replies

• Ltrautman80
    Ltrautman80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me. I can definetly relate to you. My weight issues started in middle school. When I was married by husband said he supported me, yet he still bought junkfood and didn't want to workout with me. I guess he thought that because he was skinny that he didn't have to eat right or exercise. MFP has really helped me connect with people who are going through the same things as me. Please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • dudleyclan
    dudleyclan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 4 kids and can relate to your struggles. You may add me if you like and we can take the journey together. I find it easier to stay on track when the kids are in school because you are on more of a routine.
  • vlsalvaggio
    Options
    hello!!!

Im 27 with no kids but im engaged and getting marriend october 7th of this year. i know exactly how you feel. my fiance before joing me on the weight loss wagon wasnt very supportive. always wanted me to over eat and not work out and never cook. but now he is great! im an emotional eater as well. anything can set me off. and then the gallon of ice cream in the freezer disappears. if you want a friend please feel free to add me!! we can help each other out until we both reach our goal weight!!!
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    thanks everyone... oh don't get me wrong I love my husband..he is in shape... and eats whatever... bugs me lol... 2 of my kids will be in school starting next week so that will help some... just me and the baby .. thanks so much .
  • morah29
    Options
    I guess I should put this out there... I am 5'6" and I weigh 275... I really need to lose weight... I am in a sport where it could cause other issues.. hasn't yet... (knocks on wood) I want to see my 3 girls... ages 9 ... 5 and 18months grow old.. I want to see my grandkids.... all things my step mom missed out on.... so feel free to add me.. give me advice... ect..
  • DarkAngelDisuke
    Options
    i know exactly how you feel. my family is the same way. they say they support me but then go out and eat at fast food or bring home pizza and doughnuts. it can be frustrating to the point where even if i am eating healthy i gain weight from stress. maybe with the help from complete strangers we can all be successful^_^ ?
  • morah29
    Options
    he says... I brought it home cause I know you love it... he's been better this week... brought me fruit instead of sweets!