So I'm sick.

Options
I've been sick for around 4 days now, it feels like the stomach flu.

Anyways, whenever I eat a meal I feel like crap, other then breakfast.
I actually threw up my dinner two of the four days.

I really don't feel like working out, since I get light headed standing for a minute or two.
And I don't really want to eat anything, since I feel gross after.

I've been trying to eat so I'd hit at least 1000 calories, but a lot of the time (sorry for the grossness) but I can't keep it down.
So I've been eating some junk to be honest for snacks.

What should I do? Just keep trying to eat, and drinking water till I feel better?
Then once I do feel better, get back on track ?

Replies

• ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    When your body is sick you just have to fuel and feed your body to get better....drink fluids, rest and in a few days you will be back to normal and you can pick up where you left off. Feel better (hugs)
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Thanks -hug-

I hope I feel better soon, I feel so lazy. haha.
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Make sure you keep hydrated. Gatorade or powerade can help with hydration and will add some calories so you can get some energy you may not be able to eat. Just make sure to eat and drink slowly, on tiny bites and sips. Don't overwhelm your tummy.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Brat diet is what to do when you have an upset stomach, Bananas, rice, apples/apple sauce, toast.
    Is the literal translation. But bland bland bland is the key. Not really the time to worry or fret about your calories.
    Just focus on getting better, if you are dizzy, no working out. Take a couple days and feel better, get back to it when you are holding down your lunch. Feel better soon!:flowerforyou:
  • mhollist
    Options
    This is going to sound funny, but Pedialyte is great to drink when your sick! It has a lot of the same things as Gatorade but less sugar which may be easier on your stomach. You can even buy their freezer pops and have them for a light snack!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Brat diet is what to do when you have an upset stomach, Bananas, rice, apples/apple sauce, toast.
    Is the literal translation. But bland bland bland is the key. Not really the time to worry or fret about your calories.
    Just focus on getting better, if you are dizzy, no working out. Take a couple days and feel better, get back to it when you are holding down your lunch. Feel better soon!:flowerforyou:

I totally agree! Hang in there and I hope you get better soon!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When I was a little girl my mom always gave us coka cola syrup, or if we didn't have that, she would give us coke( it helps with the nausea) ( not too cold) for the electrolites we got pretzels. Or you could go with camomile tea and toast( camimile has antibiotic tendencies and the toast is to settle your stomach) I wouldn't worry about calories just make sure you don't dehydrate. I hope you'll feel better soon
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'll get someone to pick me up some gatorade tonight, and some more gingerale !

I think I'll be fine by monday, hopefully by tomorrow !
  • kirra_80
    Options
    I've always heard that if you're sick from the neck up (sinus infection, sore throat, etc) then it's ok to exercise as long as you feel up to it, but anything with the neck down, to just take it easy and not stress out over not being able to exercise.
    I'm a big fan of saltines during those nasty times!
    I hope you feel better soon! being sick like that is horrible.