Not enough calories?

Options
So looking at my food diary today, breakfast and supper I am having over 300 cals but at lunch time it doesn't look like I"m having very many (just a little over 100)...is that okay, or should I be eating a little more at lunch time?

Replies

• Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    it depends on you. I break my meals up into 5-6 meals that are anywhere from 100-300 cals. I do this so I dont eat super hungry and mess up. maybe add in another snack before dinner.
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    thanks...my other question is, i set my goal at losing 2lbs a week, but i'm wondering if i should be putting it at 1.5lbs a week?
  • VegasBaby
    VegasBaby Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on you personally. If you feel like you are able to "keep up" at 2lbs a week, go for it! However, if it's a struggle and you think you would fare better in the long run(cause thats what this is all about right?) by going at it "slow and steady" then change it. Do what works for you.

Good luck!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    all week i thought I was doing so good...eating good and was starting to feel better...wasn't feeling hungry all the time, now yesterday and today, after I eat what I think is a filling meal, i kinda feel a hunger pain, if that makes sense...my stomach is growling (yet) but i feel like i'm still hungry. last week was great because i would go 4 or 5 hrs and now feel hungry at all, and now all of a sudden this week i'm feeling hungry again :sad:
  • proudloser
    Options
    I eat 1,200 calories a day to lose 2ib/week and I make sure to never go under, and never go above 1,300. My breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all about 300 calories EACH and then I have snack after breakfast for 150 calories, and snack after lunch for 150 calories. I know i'm not starving myself and my stomach does growl and gurgle throughout the day but I tell myself it's because my body just isn't use to me eating this little and it will soon change. I also look at it like this....in the past whenever my stomach would feel a little bit hungry I would eat.....and now that's why i'm where I am today and needing to lose weight. So when my stomach growls a little, I know it's not becuase i'm starving myself but that I'm actually, FINALLY losing weight!!!!!!!!!!!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    I eat 1,200 calories a day to lose 2ib/week and I make sure to never go under, and never go above 1,300. My breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all about 300 calories EACH and then I have snack after breakfast for 150 calories, and snack after lunch for 150 calories. I know i'm not starving myself and my stomach does growl and gurgle throughout the day but I tell myself it's because my body just isn't use to me eating this little and it will soon change. I also look at it like this....in the past whenever my stomach would feel a little bit hungry I would eat.....and now that's why i'm where I am today and needing to lose weight. So when my stomach growls a little, I know it's not becuase i'm starving myself but that I'm actually, FINALLY losing weight!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH....this is the answer I was HOPING for.....I weighed myself this morning and as far I could tell i was down 3lbs but i want to wait until next week to update my ticker here.......i just thought I wasn't eating enough and i should be eating a little extra.......but i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one that is experiencing this...it makes me feel much better that is for sure!! thanks again..

i've been trying to get into the habit too when my stomach starts to grumble, i drink some water and that has worked sometimes