80-85 lbs left to lose...

Options
And I'm afraid that I can't do it. I've been stuck at the same weight for a couple of weeks now, still coming in under my calories and working out when I can, but I feel like I'm not going to make it. I started off so good and I've lost 40 lbs (not as quickly as I'd like, but I had a couple months where I got off track) I just don't feel like I'm making anymore progress...

Replies

• DantiaX
    DantiaX Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well, I pretty much know you can do it.:) When I had an issue it was suggested that I was having too much sodium and cutting back really helped. Change up some of the things you eat. Try whole grains, less dairy, protien, diff vegies and stuff. That stuff helped me a bit.:) I often feel like its taking forever to lose the weight but Justin always reminds me that it took awhile to gain it too. I know what a strong person you are and I'm super proud of you for making it this far. I think we should get that super scale we saw too. I heart you and your amazing.*hugs*
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the needle not moving on the scale so to speak. I had a 3-4 week period while i was dealing with stress and some other life issues where I didn't gain or lose a single lb. Then things settled back down, I increased my exercise (extended the exercises I'd been doing.) Introduced some new foods into my diet that were healthy still and i started loosing again.
  • wrinju
    wrinju Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have 144lbs I want/need to lose. I'm focusing on smaller goals. When I see the big number I feel overwhelmed! So, I focus on 5lbs at a time.

I need to lose 5lbs 29 times. That seems much more doable then I have to lose 144lbs! I've already lost 10lbs so I'm down to only needing lose 5lbs 27 times :) Silly mind games we play :laugh:
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    And I'm afraid that I can't do it. I've been stuck at the same weight for a couple of weeks now, still coming in under my calories and working out when I can, but I feel like I'm not going to make it. I started off so good and I've lost 40 lbs (not as quickly as I'd like, but I had a couple months where I got off track) I just don't feel like I'm making anymore progress...

Give yourself time, it's worth it in the end!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Do not get discouraged. Just keep doing what you know is right, and it will come. I also still have a lot of weight left to lose, and there are days when I struggle a bit too. But I have come a long way, and I am not going to give up now! I have been stuck at the same weight several times, but I just kept doing my cardio and eating right, and the loss started again. Hang in there!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have 85 lbs to lose too and struggle to be patient. I try to not think about that big number but break it down into smaller, less intimidating goals. Maybe changing your workout routine would shake things up?

And remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. You're in it for the long haul, for the life-change, not for the "diet".

Congrats on your progress!