My first tast of Hummus...

Options
Original Hummus with baby carrots. It's different. Not BAD, but I think it's something that would have to grow on my a little.

:)

Just wanted to share my first experience with Hummus. I see people eat it a lot. I didn't even know what it was to be honest. I knew it was some sort of spread, but that's all I knew.

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I like it! Not my favorite but it's good every once in a while. See if you can find some that's a roasted red pepper flavor, that's one of the best, in my opinion.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I like it! Not my favorite but it's good every once in a while. See if you can find some that's a roasted red pepper flavor, that's one of the best, in my opinion.
    Agreed...the roasted red pepper really makes it great :love:
  • LAWSBIGGAL
    Options
    Ok. Thanks!!! I like trying new things. I honestly think I could like that in a different flavor. The bean part is good...just have to find a nice flavor. :)
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Caramelised onion flavour is my favourite!
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I just love all hummus. Om nom nom.

What I love for a snack in the afternoon is a half a naan bread from costco (1/2 is a serving and is more than enough) with 2 tbsp of hummus spread on it. Delish.
  • marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Can add chopped sundried tomatoes.
    I make my own from canned organic chickpeas and tahini in a blender. Or add dill and lemon with a pinch of sea salt.
  • Whart0603
    Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I didn't really care for original flavor hummus when I first tasted it. But the roasted red pepper, mmmmmm! :smile:
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Make your own, if you have a blender it's not hard. Chickpeas, tahini, garlic, a little lemon juice, and parseley. A little salt doesn't hurt. Put just a little olive oil and some paprika on top of a scoop, eat it on toasted pita points with a small portion of top ramen soup and a couple of greek olives. If you're under your daily cap, this goes nicely with a chilled glass of sauvignon blanc.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Mediterranean style hummus is the best hummus I've ever had. It tastes so much better than the other brands.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I need to try Hummus...
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hummus, but for me its all about what flavor it is. My favorite is roasted red pepper. I don't care at all for plain or the garlic kind. I love it to dip carrots or other veggies in, or sometimes as a spread on veggie sandwiches!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Original Hummus with baby carrots. It's different. Not BAD, but I think it's something that would have to grow on my a little.

:)

Just wanted to share my first experience with Hummus. I see people eat it a lot. I didn't even know what it was to be honest. I knew it was some sort of spread, but that's all I knew.

Definitely try different flavors.. it will grow on you. When I first tried Hummus, I wasn't a huge fan. I was ok without it. Now I am hooked! I love the garlic hummus. I usually eat it with pita chips. I have a really yummy recipe:

Dice 1 or 2 tomatoes, dice 1 cucumber, and dice a can or 2 of black olives. Marinate them overnight in balsamic vinegar. Spread a container of hummus on a flat platter. Top the hummus with the marinated veggies. Then top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve with pita chips... SO DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I put the red pepper hummus on a whole wheat pita w/ a little feta cheese and bake it in the oven for about 6 min. then top w/ some tomatoes, lettuce, banana peppers and cucumbers. It is my favorite thing to eat!
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love hummus so much! I roast red pepper flakes then add olive oil to it. I will top my hummus with a tsp. of that. Sometimes I'll also sprinkle a tsp or pine nuts over the top too. Yum!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I make my own from canned organic chickpeas and tahini in a blender. Or add dill and lemon with a pinch of sea salt.

I make my own as well in the food processor, my fav is can of chickpeas, lemon juice and roasted garlic. The kids love it with pumpkin too.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's roasted garlic hummus! It's great as a replacement for mayonnaise in tuna salad.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hummus!! Lemon and coriander is the best with sliced cucumber and pitta bread strips, nom nom!
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love all hummus, it's yummy in a baked potato....
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I sometimes roast an aubergine and puree it with the chickpeas etc..
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I love hummus and make my own too!

Try some coriander/cilantro with the lemon and garlic.....lovely!