I didn't want to work out.

Options
This morning I woke up feeling like I didnt want to work out, but after sitting on the couch for 10 minutes I got my *kitten* up and went to the gym. I have been trying to do the whole walk/jog/run deal on the treadmill. When I started a week ago I could barely run.. 2 minute jog was all could handle. Then this week I was able to do a straight 7 minutes.. And today the day I felt like I really rather stay and hang with my boys I went and I jogged for 15 minutes straight..alittle over a mile.. Ive never run a mile before! Im very pleased and glad I worked out today.

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Total NSV!!!
  • justgin
    justgin Posts: 23
    Options
    EXCELLENT!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Great job!

You never forget your first mile. :smile:
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It only gets better =) proud of u! =)
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wonderful accomplishment!!
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    YAY you!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I remember that feeling when I ran my first mile!!!! So happy for you! It only gets better and easier! :)
  • tarag8100
    tarag8100 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! that is awesome :-)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • bhfood
    bhfood Posts: 77
    Options
    atta girl. i didn't wanna go walking today but I did and went 10 min. farther than my usual. yay for both of us. JUST DO IT!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I find that the days I really have to drag myself to the gym are the days that I end up kickin the most butt. Once the endorphins get flowing, I'm angry at myself for even thinking about not doing it, so I push hard as I can.

Congrats! Both on mastering your willpower and on your nsv!
  • mandersatx
    Options
    Congratulations! What an awesome NSV! I do the walk/jog/run thing, too. My eventual goal is a 10K - friend me and we can encourage one another! (Warning - I like exclamation points!!! lol)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great NSV!
  • LeRevCooper
    Options
    I'm glad I read this. I needed motivation today. :flowerforyou:
  • escile6
    escile6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for all the kind words.. I appreciate it! This site is so great.. I love all the encouragement!!!
  • RubyWare
    RubyWare Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    AWESOME :happy:
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    The workouts you really didnt want to do always end up being the best ones.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Fabulous NSV!!!! Now aren't you glad you got your butt off the couch? :drinker:
  • Stevensno
    Options
    The same sort of thing happened to me ( minus the running) After yesterday's grueling gym session I was absolutely exhausted, and this morning I didn't feel much better.So I devised a plan in which I'd pack my gym bag and head for a walk in the direction of the gym, if I still felt sapped of all strength when I got near my gym I'd turn around and walk the 1.5 miles home again, but once I set eyes on the place I was drawn to it and consequently put in my best performance to date, and I feel much better for it,

So well done to the O.P, I can sort of relate to it.