Larger Bust

Options
Okay so those with larger upper half, do you wear two sports bras?
And are there exercises/ways to make smaller?

Replies

• km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    I wear two sports bras typically. I found some at Sam's Club (not sure in what region you are located and if that is an option) but they work great with just one.
    When I lose weight in general, it usual starts in the chest. As you lose weight, it is likely you will see the same thing happen.
    My mom works with a trainer and they have her doing a lot of chest exercises. The building of muscle will work to replace the fat. She is small built and small chested anyway, but it got to a point that she had to tell them to cut back on those exercises because she had lost her chest completely.
    Hope that helps!
  • folkoono
    folkoono Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wear a Shock Absorber sports bra and and Under Armour compression top. They don't budge! There's no way to target just that area, but as I've lost inches all over, they've got a bit smaller.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I just wear a Lululemon Ta-ta Tamer, but thank god I've dropped from 34DD to 34D. Are you super huge? If so, maybe an underwire plus a compression bra?
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36D-36DD it depends on the bra. Does the Lululemon Tata Tamer work well alone? Where do you get it?

Where do you get a shock absorber sports bra?
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    When I was a 42DD I either wore 2 sports bras or splurged on a bra from ****s with the maxium impact tag on it. Those bras were great, but you had to pay about $60 for it.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Bra plus sports bra...going to get a lulu one if they are good!
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options
    I am a 38h I wear an underwired fullcup bra plus a compression top, it keeps them relatively under control. In fact I have tried several sports bras and gave em up as a bad job as I still had rottweilers wrestling under my shirt syndrome!
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort high impact sports bra's are fabulous! Make sure you go to their "fitting room" on their website because inevitably the bra size you are used to buying will not be the size you purchase from them. And that's okay! I'm a 36D (sometimes DD) and ended up purchasing a 38B!! I thought there was no way in the world that would fit. I love them so much that I wanted more, but didn't want to pay their prices. So I bought most of mine on Amazon.

Mine have started to shrink and all I'm doing is cardio in the form of the Couch to 5K running program.
  • jpcamden
    jpcamden Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What a misleading title.. this topic needs more pictures.

:tongue:
  • Jenn09870
    Jenn09870 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras typically. I found some at Sam's Club (not sure in what region you are located and if that is an option) but they work great with just one.
    When I lose weight in general, it usual starts in the chest. As you lose weight, it is likely you will see the same thing happen.
    My mom works with a trainer and they have her doing a lot of chest exercises. The building of muscle will work to replace the fat. She is small built and small chested anyway, but it got to a point that she had to tell them to cut back on those exercises because she had lost her chest completely.
    Hope that helps!
    Do you happen to know the brand of the bra you found at Sam's Club? I'd be interested in checking it out..

I typically wear one, Glamorize were good for me and cheaper than most. Stumbled onto one luckily on eBay, new and if I remember correctly it was less than $10. That one was a 40G, they also have great selection on Amazon of Glamorize. The only issues I had were that the Sun actually bleached the shoulder straps and where the cups came together in the front center had a bit of an overlap that separated a little at the seam. The separation was never bad enough to require repair, just some broken threads.

Now I measure about 32-33 inches around my rib cage, and think I am about a dd or ddd. Hard to find band sizes that small with cup sizes that large. I have a weird el-cheapo I bought from Kmart a million years ago that didn't fit me then and I can wear now. The shoulder straps are Velcro? It does help hold things up and in... It has no brand or size tags in it and I know I didn't remove them. The uniboob took some getting used to but I've come to realize that's only really visible from my point of view, think things look ok from another persons perspective. I wear a tight champion bra top over it, mostly just because the band size on the sports bra is a little too big and it gaps a little.

I'm actually really enjoying the flatter chest from the sports bras when walking/jogging... Tried to jog a little at work in a regular bra. (trying to get somewhere quickly out of necessity) OMG, never thought it would make that much of a difference, but I have really gotten spoiled I guess. Hoping to build some muscle in my chest, mostly because from my collar bones down has gotten visibly boney and hoping to fill things in a little too.
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    Do you happen to know the brand of the bra you found at Sam's Club? I'd be interested in checking it out..

I don't know that it even has a brand name.... It has no tag or label in it. I am a 38DDD, and it pretty much makes me completely flat. It came in a two pack.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you think but I lost very minimal boobs with my weight loss..and I'm a bit ticked.. 44 DD to a 36 DDD. I know I didnt really get BIGGER in cup size...but my frame looks top heavy now :(

I generally wear 2 if I do running or jumping jacks... the best bra I have found is by moving comfort Fiona style for sports bra..it mashes them a bit..but they at least stay supported...but there will always be bounce with high energy..
  • we3k05
    we3k05 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm a 32H and no number of "sports bras" could keep the girls from jiggling painfully.... until I found Freya. They make sports bras that are built more like longline bras of old.... steel boned, full cup, fabric is more of a thick canvas (no stretch at all). They feel like I'm wearing a super tight corset but I can now run in comfort even if the style/fashion side is sorely lacking.

As for trying to reduce them - just work on losing fat and chances are pretty good you'll lose some boobage too. ;-)
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I typically wear a regular supportive bra and a compression tank under a tshirt. Nothing moves and they still look like boobs :D I was a 40E, have gone down to a 38DD over the past two years.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo do not make them go smaller or ask about ways to make them smaller, you must clearly be insane because that's just crazy talk :noway: ...B ( o ) ( o ) B ies rule!! :drinker:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options

nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo do not make them go smaller or ask about ways to make them smaller, you must clearly be insane because that's just crazy talk :noway: ...B ( o ) ( o ) B ies rule!! :drinker:

Men dont get it.. :happy:

Clothing doesnt fit right..buttons pop open..it doesnt look attractive..you have to buy things too big for the other parts of your body.....etc etc...you have to spend ooodles of cash to try to find a bathing to fit right...

oow.. I could go on and on :noway:
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a "sports bra" which is fine on its own. When it is in the wash I wear two "normal everyday woman sports bras".

I am a 38 GG/H and I have this one http://www.titlenine.com/product/sports-bras-at-title-nine/shop-sports-bras-by-cup-size/ddd-cup-bras/313801.do?sortby=ourPicks#.UDWiuKODC9U
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Men dont get it.. :happy:

Clothing doesnt fit right..buttons pop open..it doesnt look attractive..you have to buy things too big for the other parts of your body.....etc etc...you have to spend ooodles of cash to try to find a bathing to fit right...

oow.. I could go on and on :noway:

GIRL I AM SO WITH YOU!!!!! You have to buy larger clothes and then you just look large all over!! Can't wear button up shirts without someone getting a peak lol
  • rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Wacoal-Womens-Sport-Bra-855170/dp/B001ULCBG4

Wacoal Sports Bras... I usually get mine at Dillards or Macys something like that... but let me tell you... they work! 34 H here and my daughter is a 34 double to triple D depending...

You only need to wear it... it's weird at first because it seems like the wire is on the "outside" but you get used to it. Keeps the girls apart which helps with comfort with sweating. The shoulder straps adjust as well.

Pricey yes, but COMPLETELY WORTH IT!

No more layering the bra thing... WAY more comfortable... and ease of movement... no worrying if you are going to pop out or up or anything... they STAY PUT!

I had no idea you could even get sports bras like this until a sales lady at Dillards mentioned it one time and I was like... really??? She convinced me to try it.... and I'm eternally grateful. I see these girls out running in nothing but a little sports bra that they picked up at Target or something and I think... wow... they have NO idea.

That and my daughter... it was a GOD SEND because she's into volleyball... and nope... can't do like the other girls with the little sports bra... it's an essential part of our workout! LOL
  • Cmckenney515
    Options
    I wear a cotton non-underwire, regular bra (from Lane Bryant) and then put a sports bra over it. I feel like it not only supports but sucks them in so I can get better range of motion along with the support needed.