H U N G R Y!!!

Options
Goodness! I've been a bottomless pit all week! I've tried everything to curb my appetite. Drinking water, working out and chewing gum. Ugh, I hate it when I get this way

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    What's your diet like?
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    i stole a term from The Hunger Games and call them Hollow Days.

I usually have them for a day or two the week before TOM so I try to prep for them by packing a lot of low calorie snacks of veggies and stuff like that so I can eat all day but not really be putting away more calories.

It's the unexpected ones that kill me though. Thankfully I don't keep random snacks in my desk at work anymore, I bring everything each day, so there isn't a bunch of stuff for me to be tempted with. But I hate that feeling of never being satiated. >.<
  • jennifermaffei17
    Options
    Well, determine if the cause of your hunger is psychological or physical. Are you actually hungry or just bored, lonely, wanting to feel full all the time? If you are actually hungry, look at your diet and see what you are eating. Try not to continuously eat calorie dense meals. This will make you feel real full initially but will quickly go away even leaving you feel sluggish or tired. Try more fruits, veggies, salad, etc. If you are eating that way and are still hungry, try protein. Protein keeps you fuller for longer. If that still isn't the issue consider the fact that you may be working off more calories than you realize and maybe your body is trying to catch up? Tons of scenarios.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Plant-based, whole foods will make you feel full and satisfied. Processed foods and oils will trick your stomach into thinking you need to eat more.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I get these days once in awhile (twice a month?) I just have at it.
    Eat what I want and get the day over with.
    I'm not much help but that is what I do. :blushing:
  • msgunder
    msgunder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I usually feel this way a week before my TOM but that's no until next week. So this time it threw me off. I'll just continue to do what I'm doing and maybe add more veggies. I typically never feel full when I eat a lot of veggies tho. I just tried some cheese and we'll see if that helps.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers, carrots, salads, celery, watermelon, LOTS MORE PROTEIN. I feel like that RIGHT before I drop a lot of weight. Good luck.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    Are you not logging everything? Looking at your diary it looks pretty sparse and you often have a lot of calories left over. I like smaller, lower calorie meals throughout the day. I usually will eat four daytime meals at about 200 - 300 calories and then have a larger dinner.
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I usually have some egg whites. I always keep hard boiled eggs in the frig.
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers, carrots, salads, celery, watermelon, LOTS MORE PROTEIN. I feel like that RIGHT before I drop a lot of weight. Good luck.

Oh boy, I hope this happens to me (want to drop some more weight). I was so hungry yesterday. I think I might have been hungry because of not eating calories back. I had exercised alot the day before and yesterday. Then I read the comments on another thread and I went had some more protein based foods so I wouldn't be in a deficit. I wasn't hungry after that.