Let's do this!!

Options
Hi!

I'm Maxine (38 single working gal in our nation's fine capital DC), and just joined MFP a few days ago.

I completely fell off the wagon a few years ago and gained a ton of weight. :(

At my highest ten years ago, I was 215 pounds. I did Weight Watchers for a year religiously, lost 80 pounds, reached goal, became a lifetimer yadda yadda. I kept off the weight for about 5 years, then stuff happened (I got sick and dealt with that for a few years) and it slowly crept back. I tried WW again and it just didn't work for me. I'm less disciplined now -- I was a real zealot before -- plus they've changed their Points system recently in a way that doesn't work for me.

Now I'm getting better again (yay!) but am at 190 pounds (not yay!).

This weight has got to come off!!!

I'm looking for friends to cheerlead for and with. If you've fallen off the wagon before and are back on -- we have something to talk about! If you're a former WW person -- friend me! If you previously lost a lot of weight and gained a lot of back - I know where you're at. If you have good suggestions and advice re nutrition, food etc, tips and tricks, pls friend me. If you're in DC, single or not -- friend me! If you are a dog owner and spend time out walking your pooch - we have something in common!

Let's do this!!

:) Max

Replies

• Maxine00
    Maxine00 Posts: 31
    Options
    Yohooo!!!! :)
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You're funny! Add me!
  • NaveahN2012
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

You can do it!!! I have started with walking in my home using a walk at home DVD. Today I walked 2.5 and I was sweating like crazy! I also try to do 100 jumping jacks a day! This is only my second day but I am so motivated!!!

Hopefully we can be of a help to each other....Have a great day!:happy:
  • Maxine00
    Maxine00 Posts: 31
    Options
    AMK, congrats on your 24#s lost! That's awesome! And Naveah -- 100 jumping jacks a day is very impressive!

I did an hour of spinning today and an hour yesterday. But at dinnertime I kinda fell off the wagon, I was so hungry. :( Will try not to let that happen again!
  • therealmax
    therealmax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We have the same name! Add me :)
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sure! Let's do this! ;)