Does anyone else sweat a TON?

Options
adorability
adorability Posts: 49 Member
Okay, so this is embarrassing to write because i am a woman, and woman "don't sweat or fart" or any of those things because it's "unladylike" and just...gross.(That was me trying to be funny) Anyways, I constantly find myself drenched after a work out. When I had a membership at a gym my trainer had to follow me around with a towel to wipe up the puddles of sweat I left behind :( I don't get how some people can go for a run and have just a damp forehead to show for it and I go on a fast walk for an hour and come back looking like a wet dog.

I just want to know- as I lose more weight and get more in shape, will I sweat less? Or, will I always be this dripping mess? It's super embarrassing when everyone else around me never breaks a sweat and the only thing I can do is shower or I look disgusting.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot even if I don't workout- I have yet to find a deodorant that helps me... :indifferent:
  • sugerfree2
    Options
    yep me to...... was wondering the same thing .... ''imroving as times goes on''... shall await replies from the pros :)
  • adorability
    Options
    I sweat a lot even if I don't workout- I have yet to find a deodorant that helps me... :indifferent:

Same! Particularly in the summer, I break out in a sweat within minutes, usually my face and I have to keep trying to casually wipe it off D:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i sweat a lot, too. and frankly that is stopping me from riding my bike a couple miles to work. I don't want to get to the office a disgusting mess, but i only live a couple miles away, and it seems like it would be a good, healthy choice.
  • adorability
    Options
    i sweat a lot, too. and frankly that is stopping me from riding my bike a couple miles to work. I don't want to get to the office a disgusting mess, but i only live a couple miles away, and it seems like it would be a good, healthy choice.

THIS SO MUCH. I remember biking to class or work and sitting there sweating for a good hour and it was just...embarrassing!
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Options

Same! Particularly in the summer, I break out in a sweat within minutes, usually my face and I have to keep trying to casually wipe it off D:

Usually, it's under my arms it kind of sucks because almost all my good shirts of blouses have sweat stains and I throw them away it's so gross. :( I sometimes use Old Spice for Men deodorant...because I keep thinking it's stronger than Clinical Protection...
  • adorability
    Options

Usually, it's under my arms it kind of sucks because almost all my good shirts of blouses have sweat stains and I throw them away it's so gross. :( I sometimes use Old Spice for Men deodorant...because I keep thinking it's stronger than Clinical Protection...

Omg, I love old spice, you may accidentally attract women with that method though haha
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have always sweat quite a bit, even when I was in excellent shape. I would hop on treadmill and within a couple minutes I have sweat rolling into my eyes. I have just accepted it as fact.
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes. And i look sexy doing it.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Just carry a water bottle and pretend you're pouring it on yourself...gauranteed show stopper :)

I sweat like crazy...just make sure you carry a towel and wipe off the equipment after using it.
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    OMG! I sweat like a pig! :grumble: I was a tanch bit concerned by this but my trainer said not to worry too much about it...it's just my body regulating its temp.

I just like to think of it as my fat crying! :laugh:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    If they had wet t-shirt contests at my gym... I'd win every time. I just accept it. I'm there to do work and if anybody has a problem with it, maybe they should work harder. :wink:
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I also sweat profusely, and it doesn't make any difference if I'm in shape or not. I think that tendency is something you inherit. The thing that bothers me, though, is that after I'm done with whatever it was that made me sweat, I'll keep sweating for maybe half an hour or so afterwards, though it tapers off. Drink lots of water. :happy:
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising (basically C25K), I had sweat dripping off my elbows.

I still sweat a lot, but not quite that badly, so maybe there's a little hope! Actually, I think it's a good thing (as long as you can get to a shower ASAP) since you're getting rid of lots of impurities through your sweat!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

For sure. I live 3 miles away from work; easily bike-able. I just don't want to have to take a cowboy bath in the sink when I get here.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Options

Omg, I love old spice, you may accidentally attract women with that method though haha

Girl, I have no problem attracting women! ;)
  • deb7727
    deb7727 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can't even wear makeup because I sweat so easily and when I workout i have to wear a sweatband to keep fome getting it in my eyes, so I understand where you are coming from the only thing that has helped is the sweatband, haha.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

I was worried about that at one job that did not have shower facilities. I had a seven mile ride and doing it on my mountain bike in the summer would leave me very sweaty.

I decided that I needed the workout anyway, so I just took clothes and a pack of baby wipes and stashed them in a file drawer at my desk. I'd arrive at work about a half hour early and sit in the break room (off the clock) for 15 minutes or so and drink a few glasses of water to start cooling down. When I started feeling cooler, I'd pop over to my desk and grab my gym bag, go to a bathroom stall and wipe the sweatiest bits with a baby wipe and paper towels from the bathroom, then change into nice clothes. Then I'd clock in on the way to my desk.

I also got really good at washing my hair (which I have always cut very short) in the bathroom sink.

You can also talk to your company - many of them are more than willing to put in an inexpensive shower stall if they know their employees will actually use and appreciate it. I mentioned it to that same company and within 6 months there was a plastic shower stall in a corner of one of the bathrooms. OK, it wasn't great - the room was not well ventilated and there wasn't much room to towel off or change. But it had hot and cold water and a foam soap dispenser, and I appreciated it a lot.
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I sweat SO MUCH! In my MMA kickboxing class floor and ad punching bag have sweat all over it, but I dont care :)
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Water weighs more than fat so make sure you weigh yourself on your scale!