Eating before bed & weightloss...

Options
So we've all heard that to lose weight 'don't eat before 6 or 7pm' but lets say I eat dinner at 6.30pm and I don't sleep till 12. That's 5 and a half hours of not eating and even if I drink tons of green tea and water the hunger will kick in.

Do you think eating early effects weightloss or is it just good for digestion?

Today I had a small portion of brown rice and kidney beans - 160 calories. It was at 5pm so I counted that as my dinner. At 9pm I had 2 average sized chicken wings - I made them in the oven with a little bit of peri peri sauce - I used 100 calories of the sauce for 12 wings. I guess the Wings have 150 calories each. I'm not going to sleep until 11.15pm as I have to read great expectations for homework. What do you guys think?

Is it just all about how many calories you eat or should I try to eat earlier?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Ignore time.

Reason: You are not a gremlin.
  • TheLittleVoice91
    Options
    it says dont eat before 6/7 because that usually is 4 hours before you sleep. the rule i go by is dont eat 4/3 hours before you sleep. ignore the actual time. if your not going to sleep til 4am... you could eat at like 12.30!!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Ignore time.

^Love this

I eat at 9PM every night and go to sleep at 10 PM. I haven't had any issues losing weight.

But I fast every morning. I'm a firm believer in calories in vs calories out. Just find a schedule that works for you and helps you stay in your calorie goal.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I love the "stuck in teeth" question in I think it was the 2nd movie...
  • gettingto98
    Options
    i usually eat really late at night -- but then i don't eat until midday (noon to two) the next day. i'd rather be full when i wake up and then not eat until later because when i start eating for the day, it tends to make me hungrier and crave more.