Help!

Options
Does anybody ever feel like they wanna make a batch of cookies and eat the whole thing!!?? Idk what my deal is! Am I sweet deprived? Ive lost 5 pounds so far in a matter of 10 days but I just feel like giving up! I have so many mixed emotions right now :'-(

Replies

• kolraw
    kolraw Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one. I tend to crave carbs, especially bread. I am not doing a low carb diet but bread is one of my favorite things. 5 lbs in 10 days is a great start, don't stress if it slows down, just keep with it and you will get there.
  • brit5351
    brit5351 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanx :) ya sweets are my weekness!!! Ugh
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You are not alone, don't give up. I've never met a cokkie I didn't like. Get a box of the 100 calorie Right Bites, the chocolate chip one should calm the crave.
  • japerkat
    Options
    My weakness is bread too!! I will never buy a break maker because I would be 300lbs! :) How much water are you drinking? When I really focus on my water intake, I notice I don't crave as many sweets or breads because it seems to keep me fuller longer.
  • kelmurph13
    Options
    Definitely find ways to make your favorite sweets with less calories! You don't want to feel deprived because then you will overeat. Keep at it, you're doing great!
  • sfregoso1
    sfregoso1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...sometimes I just want to eat and say forget it all! BUT, let's keep ourselves focused and maybe buy yourself one cookie instead of tempting yourself with a whole batch at home. Luckily, I'm not a "sweets" person, but a carb person and salt person. Could eat an entire bag of chips if I wanted to :(
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Food is sustenance, end of story =]
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Not a batch of cookies - just the chocolate chip cookie dough used to make the cookies.
  • Natelywills
    Options
    I always hold back enough calories for a Ghiardelli square at the end of the evening. It's my reward for a long day well maintained. You have to have the things you love but keep it minimal and in your numbers. Good luck!!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Yes! sweets and carbs are a back biting friend!

If you are carb deprived go for the healthy carbs found in strawberries and so on.

BUT it's okay to have 1 or 2 cookies :wink:
  • kolraw
    kolraw Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have been told that if you crave sweets then eat a piece of fruit. I am not really a sweet person so I can't tell you if it works or not.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I was going to check out your diary and see if anything is lacky/missing but it's not open...but for me, when I'm craving something like that it's cause I don't let myself enjoy food. Which is why I let myself have everything in moderation-it can take some getting used to but for me at least it works.

What about having something like those 100 calorie pack cookies? Granted, maybe not the best but still better than a couple "real" size cookies. When I first started (which was technically back in January but I didn't join here til later) I was the same way so trust me, I know it's tough. You can get through it :smile: friend me if you'd like
  • sirrah17
    sirrah17 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Stop at a good bakery and get ONE! Plan for it, enjoy it, and move on.

For me, when I am really craving something I am better off finding a way to make that work in my plan or substituting it for something close. Otherwise, I'll eat everything else in the house and still eat the cookie too. Lately, iced tea with splenda has been taking care of my sweet tooth.

My Mom always said that when your body is craving something, it needs something. I don't think our bodies crave chocolate chips, but maybe your body needs fat. If you're craving a juicy cheeseburger, maybe you need protein or iron. Etc. I don't know if she's right on this, but she is right on a lot of things.
  • hisgirl6575
    Options
    Gum helps me!
  • JoeyliciousB
    JoeyliciousB Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Try Chromium Picolinate, it reduces sugar cravings and great if you are on a low carb diet. It's worked for me - No more chocolate/ sweets/ bread cravings!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    idk, I don't deny myself anymore. I will eat the sweets, try for moderation, but honestly if I don't give myself a little sweet I just go overboard and binge. I've learned that if I plan for the sweets, then I can stay under my calories limit. Of course getting your heart broken, over indulging in tequila and being totally stressed out also helps me lose weight..but that is beside the point.
  • np11073
    np11073 Posts: 30
    Options
    I too am a carboholic. I love to bake and eat all the goodies that I make. Whenever we go on a diet the first thing we tend to cut is our carbohydrate intake. A fact to keep in mind. When we lower of caloric intake near or below the basal metabolic rate (calories needed to survive) our body switches to to anabolic metabolism and we burn our fats stores for energy. However the brain requires carbohydrates for its energy. Another thing....depriving yourself of something makes you want it even more...and you begin to crave sweets. I find that allowing myself a small amount of sweets will satisfy me and I am fine.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Do not give up! If you are craving cookies do not bake! Get the 100 calorie packs and eat only one and eat it slowly. Stick with this and give it time to work. If all you can think about is cookies, get busy doing something. Go for a walk or call a friend or scrub the bathroom. You owe it to yourself to try.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I have no room to talk. I've eaten half a bag of chocolate chips in the past 24 hours.
  • noneedforspeed
    noneedforspeed Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not- its better to eat a cookie than let the craving build. Just make sure its one and not the whole batch:). And, once your body gets used to savoring the one , you won't crave the whole batch anymore ... it does get better the longer you do it and the more you see results.