How am I going to eat 2000 calories a day!??

Options
peachea
peachea Posts: 92 Member
Hi everyone. So I've recently done my BMR and calculated with activity and it shows I need to consume 2000 calories. That seems like such a lot of food. (Healthy food!) Im sure I could reach that with brownies and other junk foods, but since i'm not eating that, I don't thiink i can fit all of that food into one day.

Any suggestions???

Replies

• roduk
    roduk Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    fats arent your enemy and have 9 cals per gram as opposed to 4 cals per gram for carbs and protein. increase your Healthy fat intake and you'll hit your 2000 cals per day alot easier. foods like avocado, natural peanut butter, almonds etc. are high in good fats.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Eat regular food and don't buy the fat free or low fat versions, for one. Besides, the full fat stuff will usually be less sodium depending on the thing.

Lots of nuts, greek yogurt is great... :)
  • sircris
    sircris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Although I'm a guy, I've been taking in 2000 calories for a while now. And yes, it's the clean stuff. :) It mostly consists of cereal, whole wheat breads (English muffins, bagels, etc.), brown rice, oatmeal, egg-whites (some whole eggs, too), chicken breasts, peanut butter, nuts, etc. Feel free to add me to view my diary.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats and proteins!
    I try to have at least one healthy fat item and one protein per meal and it keeps me full and meeting caloric goals! :]

Almond and Avocados are my best friends, along with eggs.
  • softsculptor
    Options
    Avocados, nuts, peanut butter, and olive oil!
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and coconut oil helps add good fat cals. Oh avocados too.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You can always throw in a protein shake if you need extra calories.

Good for you for upping your calories! You'll get used to eating, believe me!

I eat a lot of nut butters, avocado (hello, guacamole!), cottage cheese & yogurts, hamburgers (yum!), etc..

Believe me, you will figure it out! ;)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    bacon and egg for breakfast...a small mid morning snack, baked potato with filling for lunch, an afternoon snack, meat n veg for dinner and a supper snack?

just an example!
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, cocunut oil, almonds, PB2; insert the right amounts of these in your diet as you see fit and then meeting your goal will be extremely easy

Edit; PS; oh, forgot fabulous and wonderful avocados!
  • TheLittleVoice91
    Options
    thats 2000 cals to maintain your weight though isnt it? 2000 cals is the typical amount a woman eats, but i dont know many people who do actually eat as much as that.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I have also upped my calories to 2000 as well and find it hard
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    thats 2000 cals to maintain your weight though isnt it? 2000 cals is the typical amount a woman eats, but i dont know many people who do actually eat as much as that.

You go around adding up the daily calorie total of every female you know then? Or are you just speaking mfp?
    For anyone who actually does anything beyond the most basic daily activities, 2000 a day is perfectly feasible and I imagine quite a lot of women eat that, and well over it.

Quite easy to eat it, breakfast of 2 eggs on 2 toast, or some oatmeal and fruit and a hard boiled egg, few snacks of fruits or yoghurt, sweet potato, 200g of chicken or salmon, lots of veggies, avocado salad, handful of nuts and seeds etc. It soon adds up if you are eating healthy, but more calorie dense foods.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    2000 is less than I eat after 6:30 pm :laugh:

It's easy, just eat :happy:
  • peachea
    peachea Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing!!! I really am going to try all of your suggestions! The wheat thing I will probably avoid due to possible allergies however, I can do peanut butter, avocado's eggs and nuts and the protein shake I can definitely do when I'm on a tight schedule so thank you all for this!!

As far as the 2000 calorie intake goes, I work out 5 days a week, very hard. (well hard for me). I was eating less than that, around 1200 cals a day and feeling very run down, hard headaches, exhaustion, starved, and I had not lost a lick of weight. As a matter of fact, I was holding on and gaining.

After having done some research etc, I realized it was the lack of calories that was doing it. I did my BF % plus my BMR and figured in my activity level (this is called doing it the correct way) and wound up having to increase my caloric intake. (with someone's help).

Today I ate. And I ate well. Real well. My energy was back up, I felt stronger, and no headaches. I took the day off to rest. Tomorrow morning I will be back. It's a great feeling.

Unfortunately , throwing any caloric number out there and trying to live up to it without any research or knowledge of your own body is not only careless but dangerous. I'm happy now to be eating again and I have faith and confidence that this is the correct formula and am looking forward to actually progressing now.

Also as far as the MFP settings, I customized it. What MFP had me at was completely off by a several hundred calories. It did not take into account my body fat percentage.

thanks for all of the advice, seriously!