Success with supplements?

Options
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried or used supplements to help/ aid in their weight loss and if so what were they and what were the results? Personally i have tried a few with many different outcomes. Mostly good

Replies

• teebear1985
    teebear1985 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know that for me I see results a lot faster just by taking a mulit vit. and calcium. I don't take any specific weight loss supplements but vitamins really help. At least they help me!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I just take a supplement that aids digestion and cleanses the system, it seems to help. That & LOTS of water (a gallon a day keeps the pounds away!)
  • jeffreyrashad
    Options
    I have taken Propaline(err spelling?) in the past and though they helped in the short term, they did nothing for me when it came to hitting those last 15 lbs. Plus i ended up giving myself the heimlich maneuver on a chair becuz they got stuck in my throat once when i didnt down enough water(very scary)::noway:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I saw an extra 5 pound weight loss when I started taking calcium supplements which is pretty common when you first start supplementing calcium- perhaps only if you're deficient. My daughter lost the same amount in the same time frame. :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    WOW. Thank you so much for posting this. Until I read this, I never gave any thought to my calcium intake. Because my body is in better shape at 35 than it was at 25, I made the mistake of forgetting that my bones are STILL 35 years old. So I put "calcium" as one of my markers in food and realized I wasn't reaching over 30% of daily intake. But today that is going to change! I'll start with a supplement until I figure out a diet to help me get the most benefit (not a huge milk and cheese eater, but I am definitely going to start). Thanks again.
  • christinacherrelle
    christinacherrelle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Per my doctor I am not allowed to take anything with a stimulant so I started taking something called 'Super Citrimax Clinical Strength' recently. I've heard great things about this. Supposedly it helps block the storage of fat and helps as a mild appetite suppresant. I'm thinking about writing about my experience with it on my blog. Hopefully it helps! I have about 4 aesthetic pounds to lose and currently have a trainer to help me reach 18 percent body fat.