Sugar intake

Options
Do people actually achieve 24g or less of sugar a day. I'm already over today and thats from having all bran at breakfast, half an apple and cabbage based slaw for lunch. Thats ridiculous.

I understand cutting back on sugar, especially refined and processed foods containing sugar, but the natural sugar in moderate fruit intake or vegetables?

Replies

• sallymurph
    sallymurph Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think you are on the right track. Stay away from refined foods, but don't worry so much about the total sugars. I think the important thing is that you concentrate on your caloric intake.
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    Fair call. Does anyone even know how they formulate the sugar total?? Is it a percentage of carbohydrates, or is it a set number, becuase I don't think it changes when exercise calories are added in, which means that somehow they have probably come up with a set number.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Yup your on the right track, I don't worry about veggies and fruit.... I think that you do get more when you exercise cause everything goes up but I could be totally wrong, good luck :bigsmile:

~Leash :heart:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Actually I think you were right, cause I just put in some exercise, I didn't log food today or anything so I just wanted to see and sugar stayed at 24, way to be watchin out thanks! :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • amarek
    amarek Posts: 16
    Options
    I am the same way. This is day 4 for me and I have a hard time staying below the 24g Sugar. I eat a lot of fruit and I think that is where it comes from so I don't pay it much attention. I love how it shows the break down though. I never tried to reach my daily vitamins or mineral recommendations. As well as the fat breakdown. It feels good that I am finally taking control of what goes into my body!
  • VicWiggers
    Options
    I think it is all about the calories. I am alreay over on my sugar with an apple and a banana!

Vic xx