Brand New

Options
My name is Brandon and Im brand new to the site. Ive just started p90x 2 weeks ago and this should help me with my eating. Im looking forward to reading some other people's stories in my same situation. I'm not overweight by any means (5'10 165lbs) I just want my body to be proportioned differently and to live a healthier lifestyle. Any advice or motivation is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• deborahq
    Options
    Hi Brandon. My name is Debbie and my son & I also started p90x 2 weeks ago. He's about your size. I did a weight training program several years ago and had success with toning and muscle building. It is my past experience that you must be diligent in your diet. Follow the protein-carb-fat ratio as closely as possible. If you are 40-40-20, try your best to really get 40% protein. It's not easy to get 40% protein without going over calories, but you will definately see results if you do. Keep lots of eggs in the house. Egg whites are high in protein and low in calories. And don't forget to drink your water. You need to protect your kidneys when you are eating this much protein. Good luck!
  • Brj1212
    Options
    Thanks Deb!!

Congrats on starting p90x also...keep pushing play haha. Those plyo days are tough!

Yea I joined this site to help with my diet. I've been eating much healthier since I started im just not hitting my ratios I found out recently. So with this site it should really help me find a balance of what I need to have daily. I'm just glad I found the site early into the program.

Have you logged exercise yet? I was hoping they would have each of the p90x exercises already in there but my search comes up empty each time. So im not too sure how I should do it.

Take care and good luck!
  • Citygirlx210
    Citygirlx210 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandon & Debbie, I too have a son that is doing the p90x with two of his buddies. He started at 216 and is down under 200 and shooting for about 180. I will say that in the past two weeks I have never eaten so much meat, low fat cheese and eggs. I am trying the South Beach Diet on for size. So far the benefit to my fasting glucose readings has been amazing. I have dropped 70 points in just a week. Not being able to tolerate artificial sweetners, this is really a challenge, but for myself and my family, and of course my insurance provider, I need to make these lifestyle changes. Best of luck to you both.....:smile:
  • deborahq
    Options
    I started to log exercise. It didn't have the p90x workouts, so for the kenpo I compared it to kick boxing and for cardioX I compared it to aerobics and came up with some numbers and added my own. However, when you log in exercise, it adds the total to your daily alloment of calories. For instance, if your total daily calories are 2000, and you log in that you burned 400 cal from cardio, it will increase your daily total to 2400. If you're following the p90x nutrition plan, it already adds 600 cal a day for your workouts. I am assuming you're level II an at about 2500 cal per day. Any exercise you log will increase that, which we don't want since p90x already did it for us. Therefore, I don't log exercise. I just "bring it" 6 days a week! Haha!!

Citygirl, sounds like this nutrition program is good for more than just muscle toning! Way to go on the BG!! Keep it up!