Here we go ... again ...

Options
Herro,

My name is Natalie, 23 & from just north of Toronto, Ontario.
I started this "journey" in July, at 232lbs and am currently sitting at 223lbs. I'm pretty sure it's mainly water weight I've lost, but still :)
(I drink ALOT of water)
This is my THIRD attempt to lose weight, but my first with MFP. (I'm quite the slacker, procrastinator, however you want to put it lol)
This program has DEFINITELY been a reality check. I had to do some double takes when I realized how much JUNK I was eating.
My main goal at the moment is to lose pounds &/or inches, whatever comes first. I could care less what the scale says, but it definitely helps with the tracking of progress. (Get to this miraculous weight where I have this thing called a "Normal BMI")
My first mini goal is to fit in my size 16 jeans (which I already kind of do, but it's not pretty haha).
2nd is to get under 200 lbs. The rest will come to me as I go. :)
I'm on here alot, reading success stories, etc for motivation.
So if you'd like to add me, even if it's just to bounce ideas off of or have an unbiased opinon, feel free :D
Wish everyone the best of luck & HAVE FUN WITH IT <3

- Natalie -

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I've tried many times as well, and I've been here since the first week in July and I'm down 16 lbs!! I thought it was just another fail attempt for me honestly, I'm hypothyroid so I have like zero metabolism, but man, this site is amazing, even if it is just all estimates.
  • jpcamden
    jpcamden Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel with the trying many times. This site does seem to help. Especially if you actually track everything. You will realize how much crap you eat. Plus random people telling me good job when I lose a few pounds is kinda nice.

The success stories forum also blows me away. So anyway, maybe the third time is the charm for you. I hope it is. Good luck!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I agree ^^^ I don't think MFP is 100% accurate, but just SEEING what I'm eating, and doing, has helped me lose 10 lbs in just over a month :)
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hey good for you for getting back on it, I attempted on and off for years, always found an excuse, too busy etc etc.

I joined in May and have lost just over 2 stone so far, its a great site, and lots of great support, there are some fantastic people on here :-)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Journey is an American rock band formed in 1973 in San Francisco by former members of Santana and Frumious Bandersnatch.

Good luck to you:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Journey is an American rock band formed in 1973 in San Francisco by former members of Santana and Frumious Bandersnatch.

some day love will find you.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

some day love will find you.

It already has....:love::heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey! Congrat's one being down 10lbs!

I hear ya with the again part.

I'm on round...34039493923484. LOL. Okay maybe not that bad but I think what is different for me this time is that I'm not expecting miracles over night, I know it will take time, I know it takes development of a true healthier lifestyle.

Basically...I'm taking it slow, one day at a time, one meal at a time.
  • oldhorizontal
    Options
    Hi Natalie.

Wish you well as you continue the "journey". Lot's of good information on this site and much support from others. The key is your commitment to your plan and staying the course. I am new to the site, having lost 40 lbs. over the past 6 months. My goal is maintaining and I am using the food and exercise trackers to assure I'm maintaining the proper balance on a daily basis.
    Best to you...:drinker:
  • chatter46
    chatter46 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my first time on here! Good luck to everybody!
  • MrsVad3r
    Options
    Hello! My name is Monika and for the last 2 years i have yoyo dieted.I am finally ready to take control of my own life though. I am eating healthier and exercising mor. I may not have far to go but to me the destination seems sooo far away.
  • Natareeree
    Options
    Thanks guys ! Definitely appreciate it :)
    And I agree with Raw-Bean, taking it one day at a time <3