Pizza at work! Noooooo!!!

Options
Today is my first day trying a lesser form of intermittent fasting, in that all I intended to consume today is a few 110 cal meal replacement shakes, a 450 cal taco salad I made at home, and a couple apples, as well as a whole bunch of water. This morning and early afternoon before work was fine, I had my breakfast shake, and wasn't hungry for the rest of the morning. Got to work, ate an apple, drank some water, and had my lunch shake. When refilling the water bottle, I saw the 2 domino's pizzas in the break room that my boss had bought for us. My will wasn't strong enough. I quickly ate 2 pieces. Luckily they are the uber thin crust pizzas that are cut into small squares; the whole piece takes about 3 bites. So I went ahead and ate my taco salad to take care of the hunger the pizza created, but now I'm left with just one more protein shake and an orange for the rest of the day. My shift just started!!! Help! I don't know if I can be strong until I'm off!

Replies

• bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump - seriously, need some motivational support here.
  • chinakat72
    chinakat72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Arggh! I hate the food at work problem!! But give yourself credit, you only ate two pieces. It's so easy to just throw your hands up and give in. Personally, I never fast so I can't give much advice on that. But you do have a few things left to eat so don't panic. The more you panic, the more you will feel hunger "emotionally". Save your shake and orange for as late as you can. Drink water to make yourself feel full? And try having the shake first and saving the orange for an hour or so after the shake. Spread it out. Lastly, instead of focusing on what you can't have or how little you have, focus on why you want to lose weight. Write it down if you have to! Focusing on the goal will help you get through the temporary stuff like tonight. Good luck!!!
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I usually go out side and walk on my breaks. That keeps me way from what anyone may have brought into work to share!
  • hayjazz18
    Options
    Just make sure it's not mindless eating. If you feel hungry, eat. But make sure it's an actual call of your body and not a desire for cheesy pizza yumness.
    Other than that I'd say don't beat yourself up and try not to think about how you might feel hungry later. Every time I start trying to foresee my hunger I eat when I don't really need to.
    I'd say "good luck" but you don't need it, you are in control of every thing you put in your body and have the power to keep it healthy. :)
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Oh man, you really set a ultra-high bar for yourself.
    Look in the mirror and smile. You deserve it! And let of of "shoulds" - "should"ing on yourself is never fun.
    Also, continue to track your food honestly through the rest of today. And include the two little pizza squares.
    You might find that the pizza did not bust your diet.
    Indeed, chances are, you will come in under your MFP totals for the day.
    Smile at that, too! It is an achievement!
    Know, however, that pizza is a tough one for you ... and find ways to build it into your food plan so that you do not feel deprived.
    Hope this helps, Maddy
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh man, you really set a ultra-high bar for yourself.
    Look in the mirror and smile. You deserve it! And let of of "shoulds" - "should"ing on yourself is never fun.
    Also, continue to track your food honestly through the rest of today. And include the two little pizza squares.
    You might find that the pizza did not bust your diet.
    Indeed, chances are, you will come in under your MFP totals for the day.
    Smile at that, too! It is an achievement!
    Know, however, that pizza is a tough one for you ... and find ways to build it into your food plan so that you do not feel deprived.
    Hope this helps, Maddy

I always set a high bar, I have learned over the past 32 years that I either set and keep a high expectation for myself, or I don't follow through. The only reason the pizza busted my diet is because today is a rest day, and as such I had planned a very strict semi-fast for the day. I'm just disappointed.

As far as adding the pizza squares to my diary, I'm trying to find them anywhere, and I can't find anything that will tell me how many calories they have. The search function for our "add food" thing only gave me feta,spinach and tomato pizza squares for domino's. Any suggestions where else I may be able to find it?