So proud of myself!

Options
Went to a friends house last night to watch the football games. As you all know football watching = eating...and its rarely the veggie tray that is empty at halftime!
Im so proud of myself. I chose 5 chips (lays) rather then the whole bag (my past behavior) and was just as satisfied and didnt carve more. I chose to make a "sandwich" on the Arnolds sandwich rolls - rather then a 8 inch hoagie roll, I loaded my sandwihc with lettuce and tomato and light mayo and a few slices of ham and 1 clice salami, 1 slice of cheese rather then 5 slices of each with hoagie oil....and i had 1 beer and drank water the rest of the night. I even passed up the cookies for dessert. I wasnt hungry, deprived or had less of a good time and this morning Im SO happy of my choices last night!
Here is to little accomplishments!
GO US!

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    That's awesome!! I love how great it feels when we're strong enough to not cave in and eat unhealthy things! The satisfaction definitely lasts longer than if we were to indulge and eat something we shouldn't!

Good job to you!!! :drinker:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! :bigsmile: Congratulations on the great job you're doing! :flowerforyou: Keep it up, and before you know it, you WILL be at your goal! :bigsmile:
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good job! That's my theory....don't deprive yourself of the "bad" stuff, just have it in moderation. That's where I've failed in the past. I'd do really well for months, then I'd go to one get together, give in and cheat and then it was all downhill from there. The binging began and I would eat everything that I was depriving myself. Keep up the good work!!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Good job! That's my theory....don't deprive yourself of the "bad" stuff, just have it in moderation. That's where I've failed in the past. I'd do really well for months, then I'd go to one get together, give in and cheat and then it was all downhill from there. The binging began and I would eat everything that I was depriving myself. Keep up the good work!!

Yeah, I agree with you completely. When I started my journey, I vowed not to give up eating anything that I wasn't willing to give up eating for the rest of my life, AND, to not start eating anything that I was not willing to eat for the rest of my life. This is a LIFE style change and that means FOR LIFE!

OBTW, if you swap the mayo for mustard on your sandwich you'll save calories.
  • allyson2212
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! I know football season (Go Saints and Cowboys!) is always hard for me too. I am usually the one hosting the parties and all of our friends expect me to make the best of the best foods! So this year, it might be a bit shocking to them. Ill still make some of the good stuff, but there will be healthy alternatives too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!