Subway

Options
I thought it was supposed to good when you eat Subway, they advertise the low cals, etc....but yet looking at a 12' veggie sub it's over 500 cals...i don't understand

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Did you include cheese? And dressing? I would just get a 6inch instead of a footlong..and instead of putting dressing on it...just get some banana peppers or pickels which are low in cal andd the flavor of those..you wont need dressing :)
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    They advertise 6" subs on their commercials as low calorie, and that is with no cheese or condiments.
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    Did you include cheese? And dressing? I would just get a 6inch instead of a footlong..and instead of putting dressing on it...just get some banana peppers or pickels which are low in cal andd the flavor of those..you wont need dressing :)

well, i'm getting a 6' roast beef with no cheese or mayo, just veggies and musturd..my hubby wants the foot long veggie...if he eliminated the cheese and mayo, should it be ok?

P.S. after looking at all the cals in subway, i will NOT be eating a 12' sub again LOL
  • Rainster
    Options
    A 12 foot sandwich is a whole lot of bread. That's where most of the calories are coming from, as well as the cheese that I believe is included on that sandwich. A good idea is to ask them to take the inside filling of the bread out so you aren't eating as much and, if you can, leave off the cheese.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options

well, i'm getting a 6' roast beef with no cheese or mayo, just veggies and musturd..my hubby wants the foot long veggie...if he eliminated the cheese and mayo, should it be ok?

P.S. after looking at all the cals in subway, i will NOT be eating a 12' sub again LOL

If he did not have the cheese or mayo it would be better. But he shoild try to drink a glass of water before eating it, and then try to jsut eat half...and then maybe an hour after have the other half...so that way he would be skipping out on having a snack. AND i know that this isn't really healthy but its something that helps me.. I drink coke zero which fills me up when eating.
  • DrJerryFowler
    Options
    At Subway, the calories are mostly in Bread.
    Bread has one of the higher calories of anything.

Like the 12" Veggie Sub is only about 100 calories for lots of vegetables and Vinegar.
    It is about 400 more calories for any kind of bread.
    It is 100 more calories for light mayo
    It is 120 more calories for cheese

Anything Sugar, Bread, and Beef are all high calories.

One of the Keys to making this calorie counting plan work is to find foods and drinks that are good for you, low in calories, and things you like (or learn to like as your tastebuds change).

Hope this helps.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I thought it was supposed to good when you eat Subway, they advertise the low cals, etc....but yet looking at a 12' veggie sub it's over 500 cals...i don't understand

500 k/c is a normal meal for me. What's the problem?

However, I usually get a 6in Turkey with veggies, no chhese, dressing.
  • sallymurph
    sallymurph Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    A footlong sub is a little much. Try getting a 6inch and drink a tone of water.
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    A footlong sub is a little much. Try getting a 6inch and drink a tone of water.

i told him it's his choice but he'll be blowing his diet....i on the other hand have been doing so good this past week and a half and I will not do anything to jeopardize it...i told him to get the 12 inch but save the other half for supper....so i have no idea what he'll do lol