New to this... Any motivating friends?

Options
Hi everyone. I am new to this and would love some motivating friends! I am 28 years old, 5'2 and 159 pounds. Looking to lose 35-40 pounds. I cut down my calorie intake to 1400 a day and exercise 5-6 times a week ( cardio classes, weight training) for about 60-75 minutes. And am now starting to walk everyday. I am really motivated to lose this weight as I feel so much better when clothes fit better and I have more energy. Just had a baby 2 months ago so need to get motivated! If anyone is in the same boat as me, add me!! Thanks everybody!:smile:

Replies

• sabrinabum
    Options
    Your doing great! :) add me and we can motivate each other :)
  • mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey there... fellow 5'2" Canadian here... welcome! :smile: Feel free to add me, we can motivate one another!
  • owlsnapper55
    Options
    Hey everyone !!! I am making a change for a healthier life !! I could use all the motivation/advice I can get !! Feel free to add me. and good luck to everyone on here. i have faith we will all reach our goals !!
  • Jonathanaxfeldt
    Options
    You are all free to add me, I want to share my story and motivate others but I'm also in a great need of motivation!
    Good luck all!
    http://thedinosaurdiet.blogspot.se/
  • emilydumarce
    emilydumarce Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ill be a motivator, gladly (: add meeee
  • donkarlitos
    donkarlitos Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me -- Motivation and Good vibes for everyone :)
  • JaddaMarie
    Options
    New too this too. Started on Medical weight loss and lost 45lbs, but can't afford to continue, so going to try a mix of what I learned there and this new app. Looking to motivate and be motivated:) Still need to lose around 30-35 lbs.
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I added you. And anyone else can feel free to add me. Happy to motivate people when it's needed. :)
  • SieSie76
    SieSie76 Posts: 60
    Options
    I've been at this for a while but I had to start over twice, once due to going back to college and a second due to moving states. But this time I'm super determined and I even started a blog. Feel free to add me and check out my blog for ideas and/or motivation. :D

Lets do our best!!

http://si-fitness-diary.tumblr.com/
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    HI there! I'm Canadian too and am a mommy to a 5 year old. Feel free to add me:)
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It sounds as if you have the right idea. Just do it everyday and keep your calories in line. Best of luck.

I'd like to add you to my friend list!

Basil
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Please feel free to add me as a buddy...I am a great motivator and would be happy to show you some support!!!:happy:
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello there and welcome to MFP!

I am always willing to motivate and be motivated by new friends. Anyone can request me as a friend if they choose to do so. I will gladly accept and give all the support/motivation I can give!

Good luck to you in your journey!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    We have similar stats. I am 5'1 and currently 158lbs (however I started at 226lbs), looking to lose another 35 lbs! Add me, I am also a mom.
  • rettaschu
    Options
    You can add me. I am on here virtually everyday. Tracking calories & exercise. I am 5', 152 and determined to go back for my annual with less weight last year. I am 50 and enduring that menopause part of my life.
  • Candano
    Candano Posts: 16
    Options
    Another fellow Canuck, feel free to add me.
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    Fellow new(ish) mom here. Except my baby is 11 months. But I was there. And I'm still there. Feel free to add me. I need more cheerleaders on my home page!