Having trouble eating enough!

Options
I'm having trouble meeting my calorie goal every day. For example, it's dinnertime and I have almost 1200 calories to consume yet. WTF? And I'm not hungry.

My base is 1220 daily, but I'm earning a bunch through activity each day. I have trouble keeping up, and don't want to resort to eating high calorie food that is not healthy (like cupcakes!).

Is it so terrible if I don't meet the goal? My diet is relatively clean with lots of fruits, veggies and proteins. I'm not feeling sluggish or hungry.

Any thoughts? I want to lose the weight, but in a healthy, sustainable way..

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Don't eat cupcakes to meet a stupid arbitrary calorie goal. If you are eating over 1200 per day you are perfectly fine. You do not have to eat back your exercise calories and most fitness sites will say to eat back max of half of them if you are losing.

Eat nuts. High calories, good fats, tasty. Get the raw ones and those are even better for you -- http://nuts.com/nuts/raw/
  • BalletBadass
    Options
    Sadly, I am very allergic to tree nuts. Peanuts are okay, though... Perhaps a slice of bread with peanut butter would be good. Thanks ;)