Losing motivation

Options
Shattered today.

Up about 7 to get my stuff ready for work like my meals. Eat my breakfast. My 14 month old wakes up during this so need to sort him out.

Get showered etc for work at 10 and out by 11

Home 9pm ish! eat my dinner and spend time with the family. Everyone gets settled to bed about 12am and now need to work out.

I am Worn out!! fitting in my work out. in.Don't want to rely just on my diet. We all know exercise is a good way forward.

So how do you all cope.

Replies

• ukcookie
    ukcookie Posts: 11
    Options
    Ok I wallowed in self pity.

My own self inflicted problem

Normal service has resumed!!!
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I had to start getting up around 5:15 am to make sure I could get a work out in before my kids got up. I've adjusted to getting up then and I love it so much more than working out at night. I love starting my day w/a work out.

Maybe you can get up at 6 AM and work out then. You'll be getting to bed early since you aren't working out at night?
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Well, just don't lose the motivaion. Do you get a lunch break? Maybe that would be a time to squeeze in a jog. Even 10 minutes is something! Who ever said your workout time has to be all at once. Six times a day at 10 minutes each is still an hour's worth.
  • cgirlygirl
    Options
    Don't lose your motivation! That is so easy to do when we are busy! But think about what you are reaching for and how much value there is. So much of changing to a healthy lifestyle. Getting up early to prepare your meals in advance is SUCH a great start! You CAN and WILL do this! Keep up the great work!
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I get off at midnight (bed about 12:30) and get up about 6am to go work out in the mornings.

It's just part of the routine, I either nut up or shut up. I figure not working out got me here, and I want to get "there"... so I do it.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5.30am - it's the only way for me.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Whew! Sounds like a packed schedule. I find, for me to get my running in, I need my hubby's help in managing things at home so I can go. I'm blessed to have him be a supportive partner!! If I had to handle everything on my own, I'd be only able to grab a workout on my lunch break. (Gym in my building is a BIG bonus!) Keep plugging away at it! Maybe make a schedule of what exercise you're going to do on what days and at what TIME for motivation. When I see it all laid out on a 1, 2 or 3 month calendar, it really gets me motivated!!! I LOVE crossing off the last workout!!
  • MamaWalkingBear
    MamaWalkingBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I can so relate!! When my daughter was in first grade, it was up at 5am, out the door by 6am to catch a bus to her school, drop her off. Take a bus and a train to work...then reverse that at 5pm but home by 7pm. Dinner, bath for the kiddo and it's already 9pm. I was ready to drop. I took my breaks and lunches as opportunities to walk or run up and down one of the back staircases at work. Free gym membership :) I break up my activity still, and work it into my day. Strength exercises in the morning as I stretch and use resistance bands. Good Luck!
  • beadalicious
    beadalicious Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:30 to get to the gym by 5 and to work by 7:30 (I have a 30 min commute). Some days i go to the gym zombie-like until i'm about 10 minutes into it. But if I get up late and only squeeze in a 20 minute cardio session its something. I also try to get out at lunch for another 15 min walk if i was slow in the morning. Just remember why you are doing this and push yourself a little more on those difficult days!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Squeeze exercise in where ever you can. Get up in the morning and do some push ups and sit ups or planks. If you need to elevate your heart rate, try doing some burpees. Buy a kettlebell and learn the kettlebell swing and snatch. Kettlebells burn hella calories per minute.

Do you take public transport to work? I would do calf raises while riding the bus. Stand on the bus instead of sitting. The motion of the bus will engage your smaller stabilizer muscles due to the motion.

Always take the stairs. Park far away from the entrance of buildings and walk briskly across the parking lot.

Can you do wind sprints near your home or work? 10 wind sprints are a really good workout and only take 10 minutes, max.
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Do you have a job where you can do a little exercise between projects? I'm a prosthetic technician, so these last few weeks I've picked an exercise to be my "Workout at Work" for the week. So while I'm waiting for a socket to laminate or some plaster to dry I'll do a set of 10 squats or lunges, or whatever my exercise for that week is. I did 1600 squats my first week, just in 10 rep sets throughout the day when I had a few minutes to spare. This week I'm doing inclined pushups on my workbench and I managed 190 today (and let me tell you, my upper body is sore!). Next week I think I'll mix it up and do a couple of different exercises. That way you can focus more on cardio when you get home (or in the morning) and it will take a little less of your time than doing cardio and strength training all at once.

But, if you have a slammin busy job, it's not going to be very easy... so hope you can figure something out :smile:
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Plus - my trainer told me today - if you can't get to a gym then try to do 100 sit ups, 100 push ups & 100 squats - a day .. aargh
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Plus - my trainer told me today - if you can't get to a gym then try to do 100 sit ups, 100 push ups & 100 squats - a day .. aargh

Oooh, that might be my goal for next week :happy: I'll have to do my sit ups at home though, the floor at work is filthy.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    OP I know exactly how you felt today as I have been in the same boat! It is hard sometimes but, what is the alternative? :) My weight loss has been slow with exercise I dread to think what would it would be like without. Saying that, listen to your body, when it needs to rest it needs to rest. So long as its not an every day thing ehehe Good luck and feel better!
  • ukcookie
    ukcookie Posts: 11
    Options
    thanks for all the remarks to my rant!!

I was fine by my self reply

Erm on line talking to oneself with witnesses (so need help LMAO)

Lunch work outs would be a good idea but only get a 30min window so that is out the window. It has to be morning an night.

Will work it out but thank you all for taking the time to respond to my self rant :smile: :drinker:

Simon