Trying, no going to lose 155llbs

Options
My name is Trey and I am setting out to lose about 155lbs. I have been up and down for years and at one time lost 90 lbs doing body for life years ago. I am 35 and have 3 boys and have decided they need a dad that can not only play and do fun things with them, but be alive in 10 years. I am 6'0" 352lbs, my target is 195lbs. I am determined and will succeed. I started 2 weeks ago today and told myself I will not do my first weigh in for 1 month so not sure where I stand as of today, but I am already feeling better. I am only walking in the evenings and hiking on the weekend for cardio right now and hope to add to and improve along the way. I am doing the paleo thing and have actually enjoyed it. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know some folks on here. Thanks for the support. Feel free to add me I hope to encourage others as well

Replies

• Cdposey26
    Cdposey26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I posted a hello the other night, but did it after midnight and didn't get much response so I wanted to re introduce myself.
  • 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck with your weightloss journey! Feel free to add me!
  • sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Its a good road you have choosen, you'll meet plenty of friends that will encourage, root, yell etc for your success!! sendy you a friend request now!! :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm in the process of losing 108 pounds, I only have 60 more to go! So know you can do this!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting my journey, with my goal of losing 130 pounds. It's gonna be a long haul, but WE CAN DO IT!!!!
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi know how you feel, my goal was to lose 130, I lost at one point 61lbs but put back on 12lbs, scale creeping back up. I am new to fitness pal, but add me, let us help each other.
  • TheBigDog923
    Options
    I'm trying to drop 200, so I feel your pain. Feel free to add me.
  • Cdposey26
    Cdposey26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for friending me and encouraging me. I believe my diary is open to my friends. Look forward to hearing from you and getting to know some folks
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    HI there,

Glad you changed that trying to going to......using Try gives you the oppurtunity to quit or screw up and say oh well i tried.....You can do this!! It may not always be easy or fun but you have all the right reason for you getting healthy . Walking is a great way to start until you feel that you are ready to try more. Each time you walk just go a little bit further or a little bit longer . Cant wait to hear how well you did on your weigh in and i wish you tons of success.
  • holakarly
    holakarly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hiking is an awesome workout! Good for you!
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Try not, do, or do not. There is no try.
  • jenniprr
    jenniprr Posts: 119
    Options
    Welcome! It sounds like you are very determined! You're in a great place. There's lots of support here. Feel free to add me :)
  • BeccaB45
    BeccaB45 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Tray!!! You CAN do what you are setting out to do!! I'm glad you're on the site. I'm a new member myself and it has already helped me feel so MUCH better being on this site. LOTS of encouragement to be found here!! Nice to meet you!:smile:
  • charver35
    charver35 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi - Good job making a life changing decision, I'm right there with ya, I just joined this site and I have about 135lbs to lose.
    So if you need a support buddy. go ahead & add me for a friend -

Thanks!
    Best Wishes!
  • sapl31
    sapl31 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am very new as well, but like the site. Good Luck.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I started my journey with wanting to lose 103lbs, I have lost 68lbs and now have 35 lbs more I need to lose to meet my goal. It might seem daunting at first, but just take it 1lb at a time.

Feel free to add me my diary is open to friends as well.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You've GOT this!
  • lakota1307
    lakota1307 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    you can do this!! first step is the hardest, One day, one hour One minute at a time, and that is so true, when I started, I would set a timer when I was hungry, drink some water the wait 10 minutes, try to hold out!!, most of the time i would get side tracked and make it through, and when I didn't I would at least try to pick healthy. pre plan for cravings and meals and you will lose the weight !!! you WILL do this, for those Boys!!!
    jeff
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I posted a hello the other night, but did it after midnight and didn't get much response so I wanted to re introduce myself.

Sometimes once EST wakes up, all those silly Euros and 3rd shift folks push post off the first page. Let me be the first to say it can be done! I started at 6'3 340 lbs and sitting at a nice 228 after 54 weeks in. My first goal was to just get out of the 300's and then went from there. I have 2 boys and started this at 33, so we have very similar stories. Once you get into your head that this isnt a sprint but a marathon, your chances of succeeding I feel go thru the roof! Small victories will lead to big ones. Good luck with your journey and add me if you would like some motivation with a few smart *kitten* comments along the way. lol

http://freew67.blogspot.com/ (my blog from the start till now)
  • lucy2fat
    lucy2fat Posts: 40
    Options
    Hey welcome to MFP I have alot of weight to lose Ive logged in for 70 days and have lost 20lbs its a struggle sometimes but like you im determined Id be happy to be a MFP friend we all need all the friends we can get:happy: