Elliptical question

Options
AmyFett
AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
I have a kind of cheapy elliptical, I love it and everything, but I kind of get bored on it. I noticed some of the fancy ones have a little bookshelf type thing... what do you think I can rig up to it to make a little shelf? I don't want to get bored with it, makes me not want to do it, although I still will...

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    if you are walking on the elliptical slow enough to be able to see a book or magazine, then i wouldnt log your calories as elliptical.. i would log them as walking. Just FYI.

As far as the shelf.. hmm... maybe something with velcro? Ill have to think about that!
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Can't you watch tv or listen to music or audio book?
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I got it! How about one of those 8X10 clear plastic (hard) that flyers go in? You know like this: https://www.clearlds.com/productcart/pc/Desk-Top-Display-Acyrlic-Premium-Molded-Easel-Style-Display-BMTVE-1-21p640.htm

You could use 2 back to back. Glue them together and use the lip of one to hang (velcro?) on the elliptical and the othe lip to hold your book/iPod ect..

Good luck!
  • mrsmark2010
    Options
    there is NO way that I can read on the elliptical. Initially, I listened to the radio but finally bought a small TV and mounted it nearby. I pop in a dvd or watch something on the DVR and its 45 min later.
  • mommawhtz4dinner
    Options
    I-pod is the only way to go for me!! Helps me keep a beat and makes me think I am dancing instead of excercising.