herbalife

Options
is anyone doing the herbalife thing with the meal replacement shakes?

Replies

• tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    yes. my husband got me started August of last year. i don't have a shake every day, but a few/week for the most part. My hubby and I sometimes make the shakes from home, too. It worked well at the beginning for me and my hubby, but we both fell off the bandwagon after Christmas last year. i put back on the 10 I lost and then added another 10 to it. I am trying to get back on track now.
    The nutrition place we go to has a menu master plan that is drinking one of each of their shakes and then you get a t-shirt and water bottle. I am working on my 2nd round. There are also weight loss challenge groups, but I am not able to make it to the meetings due to kids. I started having them keep track of my weight loss, but that fell by the wayside lately.

If i can be of any help, please ask.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    No and here is why:
    - You can get the same exact thing for cheaper at GNC
    - I don't go through "dealers"
    - Too many carbs for the calories/protein
    - The don't taste any better then the ones I get for cheaper at GNC and mine I can get in about 10 different flavors.

Get Optimum Nutrition or Pro Performance. Less money, less carbs, less calories, more protein and tastes better.
  • slogan119
    Options
    Yes, every day. I mix mine with frozen strawberries,blueberries, and peaches, frozen spinach, some milk, some water, and some whey protein. It's 483 calories, and it's a great breakfast and sometimes lunch for me.

To the poster above, ON and other proteins are completely different. Whey, casein, and soy have different functions, and don't act the same within your body. The Herbalife protein acts like casein (but tastes much better) and forms a "gel" to keep you satiated longer. The whey is absorbed more quickly, and is better for post-workout instead of meal replacement.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    To the poster above, ON and other proteins are completely different. Whey, casein, and soy have different functions, and don't act the same within your body. The Herbalife protein acts like casein (but tastes much better) and forms a "gel" to keep you satiated longer. The whey is absorbed more quickly, and is better for post-workout instead of meal replacement.
    So Herbalife has found a completely different, unique kind of protein that nobody else has ever known existed? And they're the only ones who use this unique protein in their drinks? Fascinating.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    So Herbalife has found a completely different, unique kind of protein that nobody else has ever known existed? And they're the only ones who use this unique protein in their drinks? Fascinating.

Ha, no doubt. Hope they patented that.

And ON has casein protein. Yes they are different and yet the same. Herbalife is no different then anything else on the market except the drones that pay twice what they should to say they drink it. I like to use my money on more important things then something I am crapping out later.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have cheaper suggestions that are NOT protien packed? I like that these shakes only have 10-15 of protein and are VERY low calorie. I don't want loads of protein, because I am drinking them 1-2 times a day. i want to be able to eat an egg, or a piece of salmon.. or whatever and not go nuts on protein. I don't always get to work out, that's why.

Yes, Herbalife is expensive.. which is why I find good deals before buying them. Currently I know someone who gets it through their distributer 50% off, so it's a good deal for me.. otherwise.. this wouldn't be happening at all. I cannot justify spending 300 every month. In that case, I would take that money and join a crossfit gym.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    No, and I am not a fan. Actually, I would suggest you to stay away from it.
    I eat well, make sure I get all my macros and exercise. No need to spend money on something like that.