PB2

Options
heard about this from a friend so ordered it off of Amazon.... anyone else use this??

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter flour/powder I use. Trader Joe's sells one as well as other places. I prefer that because it has no sugar added.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I really like this added to things, like meal replacement shakes or recipes. By itself it isn't the same as real peanut butter. But I will keep using it. O I also like it in my oatmeal.
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I also love it in oatmeal! And in Plain Greek yogurt....mixed with berries. Mmmmm I can eat it with pretzels or on a PBJ, but not by the spoon like regular PB. I always keep it on hand, though. Enjoy!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I grew up on all natural peanut butter so I absolutely love it. People that grew up on stuff more like Jif and Skippy I've found don't take to it quite as quickly, but can still come around. :)

I eat it, literally, every day. I have it every morning on toast and it is completely delicious and satisfies my PB addiction happily.

I also have been known to mix it with more than the recommended amount of water and use it as a dessert sauce or add some spices and seasonings and make a sauce for chicken out of it.

I bake with it and have made frosting as well as cupcake fillings as well.

It's cheapest to buy in larger amounts online. I've moved from buying cases of the jars to just saving one each of the regular and chocolate jars from a previous order and I just buy cases of the 1lb bags now. Works out to just around $3.25 a jar, shipping included the last time I bought two cases. (I buy directly from Bell Plantation) But you can also order some single serving packets from the website if you'd like to just try it out to see if you like it first.

That said, I do occasionally still indulge in some full fat, normal all-natural PB when my calories and macros allow it because their is a certain richness to PB with all the natural fats in it that PB2 can't match. But it's a delicious and versatile alternative.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    heard about this from a friend so ordered it off of Amazon.... anyone else use this??

Every day.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I was JUST looking at this on amazon wondering if I should order it and came here hoping to find something about it! I know a lot of people whine about it being pricey but where I live the two jar special on amazon isn't much more than what it is in stores. :)