College Students

Options
There's nothing like a beginning of the school year to make every college student feel self conscious about their weight and appearance.

I have personally been on and off MFP for a while, but I thought that I could use some motivation and updates from other college students across the states.

Or I suppose just anyone in general. (:

Replies

• lowbodyfat
    Options
    Sending a request!
  • vicyvix
    vicyvix Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, I'm at university in the UK. Freshers week isn't exactly good for dieting either!
  • Ugeyudi1990
    Options
    I completely understand, and on top of that, there is way too much work to get done. How can you find time to workout?
  • rachmika
    Options
    ^^ soml.
  • I'm a grad student -- would be happy to have student friends to trade encouragement with. ;) Good luck!
  • sbkelly9
    sbkelly9 Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I am a college student, feel free to add me :)
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Going into my last semester of college in about a week!
  • sarrylove
    Options
    Will add you!!! Started my senior year this week.....busy busy time and don't want to let me eating and exercising fall by the wayside!
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Oh, man. I'm only commenting because I graduated in May and all of my friends still in school just started back on Wednesday and I WANT TO GO BACK, so badly. It's scary out here in the real world! Believe it or not, I want classes and homework and papers!

That aside, though, my junior year was like the best return I ever had. I'd lost 20 pounds over the summer and couldn't run into ANYONE who didn't notice. Maybe it'll be like that for you!
  • courthulien09
    courthulien09 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im actually quite excited for school to begin, tho I am worried that adding all of my school work on top of my job is going to make it hard to eat healthy! I already have a hard time eating well during weeks that I work a lot of crazy hours!

But anyone add me! Im sure I will be needing the motivation as well!
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started at the University of Louisiana and they had a great cafeteria. Now I'm at community college and it seems harder to eat right with long classes. Plus I stay up late studying now more than I did at ULL.

Feel free to add me, I"m better at support than being healthy.
  • IamL
    IamL Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm another college student. You guys can feel free to add me. I just started my senior year. I'll gladly support a fellow student!
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going back tomorrow for my senior year and I'm terrified because I decided to just stick to the dorms after a horrible apartment/roommate experience so I'm stuck with the cafeteria food. My avoidance of processed foods that has worked rather well for me this summer might be coming to an end! And, well, there is no such thing as a healthy breakfast in a college cafeteria. I would love some friends going back to college too!
  • springbreakmission
    springbreakmission Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    omg i'm so nervous about starting back at school and keeping up with my weight loss goals. It's so much easier during the summer but i get overwhelmed with school work and health always gets put on the back burner. I'm hoping that keeping up with MFP will help this time
  • rberry313
    rberry313 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm also a fellow college student; will be a junior in about two weeks. I'm definetly a stress eater, but I think having MFP will stop me from wanting to eat everything in sight due to nerves before a big exam. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    im a 3rd year in a jc about to finish my aa. as well as get a certificate/license! so i know how u feel.
  • moshpits
    moshpits Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Starting my first year of uni in a WEEK! So excited/nervous, but it's definitely motivating me to lose weight (this last week of summer and the rest of the year).

Anyone, free to add me! :)
  • vrvbrown
    vrvbrown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm moving in for my sophomore year on Sunday! I'm studying classical vocal performance (hoping to be an opera singer someday!)

The big issue right now is planning healthy snacks that I can keep in my room - didn't do so well with that last year ;)
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    try working and going to school full-time, but i do miss being in school. i hate being alone with my thoughts. my plan is to work in the mornings... getting out of bed in the early morning is the hardest!
  • curls22207
    curls22207 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Feel free to add me also! I'm an untraditional freshmen, but starting my 2nd semester this week. I actually think I make better weight loss progress while I'm in school, thanks to the awesome group fitness classes at my school gym! :) if anyone needs motivation or encouragement please feel free to add me! :)