vitamins??

Options
I started taking them for the first time ever over a month ago and was wondering what some would recommend?
im currently taking b-12, fish oil, multivitamin, and green tea pills.
any recommendations would help!

Replies

• Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-B with iron, just because I know I often end up deficient in those vitamins. I also take a "sugar balance" which has a few different vits in it but the main one seems to be magnesium, it's supposed to reduce sugar cravings, I guess it works as I don't crave sugar but have also found I don't get muscle cramp so much (which magnesium is supposed to help with), so I can work out comfortably for longer, so yes, it's definitely helpful!
    Now to find something that reduces cravings for salty food!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    LOL I found a big tub of multivitamins when I was cleaning out my dresser and I never took any. D: I heard a lot of different things about vitamins. Some saying you don't need to take them and others saying the complete opposite so in short bump cuz I am curious.
  • cvthatcher
    cvthatcher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1000mg of vitamin C! helps fend off colds & such, and when my allergies act up, i take more, and it keeps my symptoms more manageable. i hate taking antihistamines.

i also take a woman's multivitamin, calcium citrate every other day, and magnesium citrate.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin called New Chapter Womens One A Day .... I love it, its organic, and if you do the water test you will see it dissolves and breaks apart almost instantly then in addition to that I take an oil pill that has (fish, flaxseed, safflower, and one more oil) in it which is an Omega 3 6 9 pill by NatureMade.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I take a multivitamin. My doctor has me taking 2 calcium pills a day. I've been taking magnesium for several months for cluster headaches and they help, oddly enough they have helped with daily joint pain too. I used to take garlic but eat it a lot so I quit. I take acidophilus every day too.

I eat healthy but don't absorb nutrients right so I take supplements. A year ago, I learned not to take calcium with anything else so I split them up during the day. Wish I'd known that years ago.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I saw the doc to see how I was in general - I now take prescription folic acid and also a 50+ multivitamin as I am in that age bracket and I also have to watch my iron...
  • TabbathaAnne
    TabbathaAnne Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I take a multi and an extra 1000mg of Vit C a day. Also a 50mg zinc. I think 50 anyways [Yep just got off my butt and checked the bottle lol...] Doc said Vit C and zinc because Im always sick. And thats supposed to help. Also on the multi and the 1000mg Vit C, I cut them in half and take them 2 times in a day vs. the whole pill at once. So the vitamins get more evenly distributed. :)
  • DarielMc
    DarielMc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take the following supplements to help aid my body in recovering from workouts, maintain a good immune system and to ensure I'm not deficient in anything. I have been taking all of these supplements for over a year now and have not been to the doctor once. I've also noticed a difference in how my digestion has improved, not to mention how vibrant I feel with lots and lots of energy. A two month supply of the "Supplements for Younger People package" is $55 at www.youngagain.com I think it is well worth it.

Glutamine- amino acid that helps aid workout recovery and build more muscle

FOS- beneficial to immune system and gastrointestinal tract and helps calcium absorption

Acidophilus- improves digestion and immune system

Beta Glucan- helps control cholesterol and blood sugar levels, maintains healthy immune system

Flax Oil- essential fatty acids which are absorbed easier than fish oil

Vitamin E- antioxidant essential in fighting free radicals

Vitamin D3- hormone that improves bone health, calcium absorption, maintaining healthy weight

Multi-Mineral (20 minerals)- essential for restrictive diets

Multivitamin (13 vitamins)- helps vitamin deficiencies
  • desboobs
    Options
    thanks dariel! i will def take a look into these!
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin, vitamin c 1000mg, fish oil 1200mg, need to get back on my vitamin b12.
  • technigasm
    Options
    I only take biotin because it is has been known for health benfefits, but also it is apparently great for hair and nails, but mostly how your body metabolizes carbs. I don't rely on it for that, but I feel more energy when I am taking it :]
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I started taking them for the first time ever over a month ago and was wondering what some would recommend?
    im currently taking b-12, fish oil, multivitamin, and green tea pills.
    any recommendations would help!

The best answer would be take what you are deficient in and make sure you have enough fat in your diet to absorb them. It really depends on your diet. Overdosing on something can be as bad as not getting enough