Hello, I'm new here!

Options
Hello,

I just started my profile here recently and I am trying to keep up with logging everything I eat and all my exercise. It'a always nice to be under the calorie mark and then add my fitness at the end of the day and be even more below.

Does anyone have any tips to help motivate them at the gym? I want to try some of the classes my gym offers but I have been to shy.

Regards,

Michelle

Replies

• begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Take the class at the gym. I'm shy too, but I finally took a class and I meet some new people . You can add me as a friend on here too.
  • jsky55
    jsky55 Posts: 5
    Options
    do something really fun zumba or any other dance exercise makes working out feel like nothing!!
  • Nicolemp001
    Nicolemp001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle!

I felt the same way when I first started doing the fitness classes. I thought everyone would be so much better then I was and I would look like a dork. But everyone has always been so nice! I find the classes very motivating! It really pushes you to do more then what you would if you were working out by yourself.

Good Luck with your fitness goals!!! Stay focused!

Nicole
  • michellerperry
    Options
    I am afraid I will look like a fool and trip or something stupid because I am clumsy. But I really want to take an aerobic class.
  • desboobs
    Options
    i did the spin class which i loved. its tiring as hell but after youre down you feel like youre on top of your game.
    I dont know how you feel about a trainer but i really really think its totally motivating. i see my trainer twice a week and she has me on a calendar on what I should be doing throughout the week for my workouts.
  • michellerperry
    Options
    I don't think I want a trainer yet. I think I am going to try spin for the first time soon. I think I am finally ready. :)
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Do the classes!!! They are amazing and your hour of workout for the day will go by fast. Personally I didn't like Zumba as much as I love spin and the weight classes. Just do what everyone else does, listen to the instructor on technique and the proper ways and it's all good. Don't worry an out anyone else, you are there for yourself and no one else. Making friends is great too but I normally am all business at the gym. Just have fun with it and you cannot go wrong.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just started my profile here recently and I am trying to keep up with logging everything I eat and all my exercise. It'a always nice to be under the calorie mark and then add my fitness at the end of the day and be even more below.

Does anyone have any tips to help motivate them at the gym? I want to try some of the classes my gym offers but I have been to shy.

HI Michelle,
    Welcome aboard! You are off to a great start and please be sure to log in daily.
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I've just joined the gym and am finding I set a low bar of 2-3 visits per week - I am doing 3-4 visits a week and finding that is pretty motivating for me. I also try something new at the gym each time I go... new machine, or new time goal etc...
    Goodluck!
  • kendryk2001
    Options
    Hey! I know how you feel, being clumsy and all. I want to try Zumba, but I am afraid that my health limitation will get in the way. I am taking it slow, taking 23 walks a day with my hubby and sons. I am also new to this tracking diet thing, but it does get easier with each new day. If you want, add me as a friend and we can talk about whatever you want to.

Dawn