Eating all my calories?

Options
What if I genuinely am not hungry? Do I have to eat all my calories or should I try to eat them all every day?

Replies

• LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new to MFP, but I've often seen in the forums, that we are suppose to eat as close to the tracker as we can. If that means adding a little more to one of the meals or snacks, do whatever works for you.

The biggest things I've been over: protein, but not by much - and rarely on fat.

It's a constant battle for me, at this point, to figure out what good-for-me, yet yummy stuff, that I can eat or am willing to make.

Wish I had better suggestions/advice, but I wish both of us luck with it! :)
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    What if I genuinely am not hungry? Do I have to eat all my calories or should I try to eat them all every day?

If you're hungry, eat. If you're not hungry but need to meet your quota, eat. It doesn't really matter how big your meal sizes are, just as long as you meet your macros for the day.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, but need to get closer to your goals, try a TB or 2 of Peanut butter.... High in cals and still good for you!!! I think it is better to get close to your goals everyday...
  • jendraka
    jendraka Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this myself. Like right now, I have absolutely no desire to eat. Some days my appetite just sucks and I hate looking at my calories and seeing that I haven't even had 1200 for the day (which is quite a bit less than my goal) and sitting here thinking that I should eat something when I really don't want to. With me, I think it has to do with my medication. Ever since I've started it I've noticed that some days my appetite just seems to disappear and I have no real desire to eat much. I know I should, and I try, I do, but when the thought of food just seems to turn my stomach it isn't easy.
  • katietozer123
    katietozer123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll have to agree with jester..if you're not hungry, then you shouldn't try and force yourself. However if you throw your -600 cals or whatever your goals are worth of exercise in there, you shouldn't have any trouble eating your calories for that day!!
  • ruthmiriam
    ruthmiriam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm sure many would disagree with me, but in my mind I am trying to train myself to eat like a "normal" person. A "normal" person does not eat if they are not hungry, and they eat when they are hungry. I am trying to learn to listen to what my body is trying to tell me. If I am really hungry one day, I eat more. If I'm not, I eat less. I use MFP to keep track so I have a better understanding about the calories and nutrition in the things I'm eating, but I don't use it to necessarily tell me when and how much to eat. I'm trying to have my own body tell me that.