Raspberry Ketone

Options
Has anyone used the Raspberry Ketone product, as seen on Dr. Oz a few months ago? According to Dr. Oz, the product is completely safe and works to help the body release fat. Wanting to know if it has worked for anyone.

Replies

• RadioactivePirate
    Options
    No, it's total BS. Don't waste your money.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    That Dr. Oz. What a character.
  • WendySue67
    WendySue67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz pushes a lot of crap... I personally think he's something of a quack or he's getting an lot of kickbacks. A friend of mine got sucked in and it didn't work. Nothing works for weight loss other than a good diet and exercise.
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    don't believe everything Dr. Oz says...my mother does, and it's ridiculous. Apparently one day on his show, he said not to put anything in an open cut that you wouldn't put into your eye...total BS, btw. Plus, even though my stepdad is a heart surgeon, some of the diet tips or diets he has on there my stepdad will even say it's crap...

so basically, do your own research.
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If it worked, he wouldn't be pushing something else last week. If there was one answer, there would be no Dr. Oz show.
  • ndbirdmomDiane
    Options
    Thanks for your input guys.

I talked to a pharmacist about the product and he said Raspberry Ketones are completely safe and is helpful in weight loss. You still have to restrict calories, eat healthy foods, and exercise, but evidently you can get better results using Raspberry Ketones than without the product.

Its not a big money investment (about 15.00 for a month's supply), so I got a bottle. Will let you know if I get good results.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I went to Whole foods and they said they would never sale it....bunch of phooey. They said Dr. Oz promotes things based on money.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I went to Whole foods and they said they would never sale it....bunch of phooey. They said Dr. Oz promotes things based on money.
    At least somebody has it figured out. They're right on both counts, IMO. I think he's a fraud and a snake oil salesman.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input guys.

I talked to a pharmacist about the product and he said Raspberry Ketones are completely safe and is helpful in weight loss. You still have to restrict calories, eat healthy foods, and exercise, but evidently you can get better results using Raspberry Ketones than without the product.

Its not a big money investment (about 15.00 for a month's supply), so I got a bottle. Will let you know if I get good results.

The research doesn't support the pharmacists comment that they are helpful in weight loss. You'd have to eat tons of the stuff to even try to get the same results that the rats did (human studies showed no affect). In fact, lemon juice has similar but stronger properties but then again. You'd have to drink a lot of lemon juice.
  • ndbirdmomDiane
    Options
    With all the negative feedback on Raspberry ketones and Dr Oz on this thread, I decided to do some research on the web. I didn't find much to support the use of Raspberry Ketones for weight reduction. WebMD says studies with mice have shown that Raspberry Ketones reduces fat in the liver at high doses, which of course would not be recommended for humans. Other than that, there has been little research on Raspberry Ketones to actually prove or disprove the effectiveness for weight loss.

Then today, while driving to get groceries, I was listening to a podcast of Dr. Ronald Hoffman and he briefly discussed Raspberry Ketones to curb appetite. For those of you who do not know Dr. Hoffman, he is an internist who is also trained in alternative medicine. He has a radio program on alternative medicine practices and I have listened to him for several years now. Dr. Hoffman is the originator of the Salmon and Salad Diet, if you have heard of that.

Anyway, Dr. Hoffman also sells Raspberry Ketones in his online store of alternative medicine suppliments
    http://www.drhoffman.com/page.cfm/1128 Dr. Hoffman's description says Raspberry Ketones increase "thermogenesis of fat burning." He also likes Capsicum for its fat-burning properties.

I guess the only thing to do is try it. If it works, great........if it doesn't work, then I'm out $15.00 and a little wiser.