I never thought I'd post a NSV!!!

Options
I lost and gained back 4lbs this summer so I didn't think I'd be posting any success stories here for another couple of months....as you can imagine I was pretty down on myself, BUT tonight I went running with my sister and I RAN MY FIRST EVER 3 MILES NON STOP.

I honestly never thought I'd be able to do that. I've been steadily working up to running 2 miles but I really felt like I could do 3 miles tonight and I did!

I used to hate running and was always the slowest in high school gym class so I'm pretty much bouncing off the walls right now!!

Replies

• veggiegirl115
    Options
    I know all you running buffs think it's no big deal but it's a huge milestone for me!
  • pinkroseacct
    Options
    Congrats!
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I know all you running buffs think it's no big deal but it's a huge milestone for me!

3 miles is a great distance to run! Be proud of yourself! :)
  • shynell
    shynell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can relate and I say you can do anything you tell yourself you can do. Keep up the good work!!!
  • veggiegirl115
    Options
    Thanks guys, it means a lot! :)
  • stepgingerly
    Options
    Super awesome! I vote that you now mentally include yourself in "you running buffs." You've earned the moniker.
  • veggiegirl115
    Options
    Super awesome! I vote that you now mentally include yourself in "you running buffs." You've earned the moniker.

Haha! Aw :))
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    it's awesome that you "thought" you could do the 3 miles today - like you felt it....and you listened to that feeling - - and you totally did it! my "feeling" tells me to lay on the couch and eat chips :(
  • marvelscale
    Options
    Wow, congrats! I'm more of a walker... xD
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Don't worry about what other people think...those runners started somewhere too!
  • veggiegirl115
    Options
    it's awesome that you "thought" you could do the 3 miles today - like you felt it....and you listened to that feeling - - and you totally did it! my "feeling" tells me to lay on the couch and eat chips :(

Yeah, this was a rare occurrence haha. I usually get the "eat everything in the house" feeling too.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! :D I had a similar one the other day, I walked 5.26 km and I was happy! I started off walking less than a km back in May/June. So i know how you feel! Congrats, thats awesome!
  • sfphelan
    sfphelan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wtg RUNNER!! keep up the great work!! one runner to another!!:smile::smile:
  • jcraig1980
    Options
    I was totally excited when I ran my first mile straight through. I can't wait until I can go three miles! Congrats! That's fabulous! :)
  • veggiegirl115
    Options
    congrats!!! :D I had a similar one the other day, I walked 5.26 km and I was happy! I started off walking less than a km back in May/June. So i know how you feel! Congrats, thats awesome!

Wow, that's awesome!! You came a long way in such a short amount of time!
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Super Duper Job!!! Hold your head up high and say "yeah I did that!!" :-)
  • veggiegirl115
    Options
    wtg RUNNER!! keep up the great work!! one runner to another!!:smile::smile:

aw! thanks :smooched:
  • happypath101
    Options
    That's wonderful! Good for you!
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Be proud of your accomplishments! I'm happy for you. Keep reaching for your goals!

<3<3<3

:smile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    That is huge, sometimes running with others helps us to push ourselves
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!