Hi I'm new

Options
I am looking forward to using this website. I lost 75 lbs and gained back a total of 85 lbs in less than one year. I really have had enough this time. Actually sometimes it seems like the scale will never move or that it will take forever for me to lose weight and I get discouraged. Need some advice . Help

Replies

• bluefairy1
    bluefairy1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    some days can be very tough for me too, I love food! Add me if you want and we can advise each other
  • myshadow41712
    Options
    Hi.. I'm new to the site as well. Don't be so hard on yourself. Take it one day at a time and this site looks like it makes you accountable and I like seeing that I can print a report of my food and exercise. I'm really looking forward to losing the 12 lbs I regained and to lose at least an addtl 25-30 by this time next year. Add me as a friend if you like...the more the merrier...
  • jessmarie1023
    jessmarie1023 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello! And Welcome!
    First off don't be discouraged! Those negative feelings will trick your mind into believing them! And you are a success! How did you lose the weight before? Just by that past experience you should hold on to knowing it's possible. In your case I feel you know how to lose it, and need to focus on how to maintain it. It does seem like it's so much easier to put on the weight then take it off. But we can't dwell on that. Lets focus on how to get moving forward. I find myself at times dwelling on how long it's going to take and put way to much focus into that, and before I know it, months have passed and I'm still where I was. I am ready, just like you are, to take the bull by the horns and MOVE FOWARD!
    How are you planning on accomplishing this? It has to be something that works for you.. What are your thoughts?
  • LarsyRagnhild
    LarsyRagnhild Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I new-ish. I've been logging for 25 days straight and would love a few more people to share this with. I only friend women. My BMI is just over 25. I'm looking to friend people who are committed to health and fitness, sharing tips, recipes etc.
  • spippin73
    Options
    I have been struggling with being consistent and sticking to diets for about 10 years. Now MFP seems to be the answer for me. I don't look at this as a diet, but as a life change. My son has lost 60 pounds and has become my advocate and best supporter. Best of luck to you and I wish you the best.