Week 8, no significant weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• lelandgroup
    lelandgroup Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok, ok, more veggies in terms of nutrition, (btw, I don't do starbucks, so not sure where you get that) but I do enjoy craft beers! We are off topic. Calories less than energy burned should equal weight loss regardless of the source of calories right? Sure, I should eat more veggies, but eating more veggies doesn't effect the fact that I am below goal on average and not losing weight. Not to be argumentative, but where does it say in MFP that if you eat more veggies you'll lose weight? Just sayin :-)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Thanks! When you say "deficit", what do you mean? MFP, based on my desired weight of 175, came up with the 1570 per day. Are you saying your deficit is based off your TDEE ?

Oh I just realised your male! I'd eat even more than the range I gave you. What you are eating is way too low!

Yep my deficit is based off my tdee.

I'm female and just 5,2 & have done really well eating between 1700 - 2300 gross calories for the past 2 & 1/2 years. My tdee is approx around 2100-2300 gross calories I'm thinking but it's just an estimation. I do vigorous exercise & lift heavy. I also eat clean fresh food, not processed.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Maybe try changes your macros a bit, more protein, less carbs? I'm not saying to do a total low carb diet but more protein should help you burn more calories.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Maybe try changes your macros a bit, more protein, less carbs? I'm not saying to do a total low carb diet but more protein should help you burn more calories.

something interesting. ive read that it takes you 30% more calories to burn (break down the protein that your eating compared to carbs or fat.) I found it also helped when i reduced my bread intake and started eating more chicken/lean meats. I replaced some of the bread with brown rice and veges.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Hey bud, just read your food diary and, errr, well, it reads to me like my fantasy I'm not trying to lose weight diet. Beer is your enemy, and I know they suck, but green stuff is our friend. I eat more frikkin broccoli and cauliflower and all the other godawful fiber vegetables than I care to talk about. In fact, I even crave broccoli now, crazy.
    One more thing and I could be way off base here, I do believe you have overestimated your caloric burn from your exercise. The best thing you can do for yourself is purchase one of the new generation pedometers, there are a few different ones, I think Nike has one, I use the fitbit, or a HRM, though I know I'm not walking around all day with a strap across my chest so its a pedometer fir me. This way there is no BS'ing yourself, it is all there in black and white. Nice thing too, some of these devices work automatically and seamlessly with MFP.
  • inspiredfitchick
    Options
    In looking at your diary I have to disagree with most of the replies here. It's not just simply the amount of calories but the quality of your calories. Your saturated fat is very high and your protein is very low for a male. The bulk of your diet is in carbs and not CLEAN carbs. Refined sugars like muffins contain nothing in terms of nutrients so it creates an insulin response and stores as fat. Our bodies have to work very hard to break down protein so that creates heat in the body also known as thermogenesis. So eating a diet high in clean protein and quality carbs at every meal is the best weapon in burning fat. It's actually a myth that muscle weighs more than fat. Based on your diary that is not the case. You can't build muscle without eating lots of veggies, quality protein, and healthy fats. Mayo is not a healthy fat. Also including weight training helps build lean muscle tissue which burns more calories while at rest. Check out my blog for more helpful honest weight loss tips. I've lost 85 pounds and you can do it too. All calories are NOT created equal. I wish you much health and happiness.

Inspiredfitchick.com