Ran my first non-stop mile I have ever ran in my life!

Options
I am 35 years old and 25 pounds down. I have really been working hard and getting in shape for the last three months. I do 60 min on the treadmill, weight routine, followed by 20 min cool down on a exercise bike 3 days a week. (try to do some sort of cardio on off days but am not always regular). I had really bad asthma as a child and have always been at a unhealthy weight. while on the treadmill today, I felt like I was not pushing myself hard enough and decided to jog. I ended up running at 5.5mph for just over one mile. (just over 8 min). This is the first time in my whole life I have ever been able to run a mile without stopping. I have never been so proud of myself. Thank you MFP for being such a great help!

Replies

• hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    :smile: Great Job!!!
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • splitendswoman
    splitendswoman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - it's great how we can still surprise ourselves, with what we are ACTUALLY capable of. Soon you will be running many miles - well done :)
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome and I can weight to do the same!! Wtg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!