Rest days

Options
Fozzi43
Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
Do we HAVE to have them? I don't feel right unless I do something every day?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Options
    ????????
  • P3pper89
    P3pper89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was reading yesterday ... its important to give your body some rest time ... helps to have a recovery period .... so your body works better .... I was reading about a walking program ... hope that helps ...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You need recovery time, particularly for strength training. It totally depends on your program if you need full "rest" days. Active rest can include walking (or similar low intensity exercise- swimming, yoga, etc) for most people, unless you're someone that was recently *truly* sedentary and those activities are a big change.

More details about your level of fitness and current program and goals would help to give you a personalized answer.
  • Fozzi43
    Options
    Thanks, I do HIIT four times a week min also some vibration training once a week ( while I'm at work) I use resistance bands after the HIIT for arms and tummy and also do butt, leg and tummy workouts with ankle weights on with apps that I got on my iPad that last ten mins each.

I work as a power plate personal trainer so am always doing exercises with my clients to encourage them.
    I'm aiming to really tone up and lose the last three pounds that just won't budge!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I do HIIT four times a week min also some vibration training once a week ( while I'm at work) I use resistance bands after the HIIT for arms and tummy and also do butt, leg and tummy workouts with ankle weights on with apps that I got on my iPad that last ten mins each.

I work as a power plate personal trainer so am always doing exercises with my clients to encourage them.
    I'm aiming to really tone up and lose the last three pounds that just won't budge!
    Every girl should do at least 1 vibration training a day, especially while single. Motorcycles was the best thing that ever happened to me :happy:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

This is the info you should have provided in your original post. What you're doing makes a big difference in how much rest you need.

This is pretty light. You can get away with this every day if you want. Personally I'd up it to something a bit more challenging so that I actually needed rest days, but to each their own. Go for it.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I am now resting 4 days per week.