Insanity questions

Options
Hi, i have been looking at getting the Insanity dvds but my problem is i have very bad knees, i cant kneel, get on the floor or do lunges or pretty much bend them very much. Is there much of that in the work out? If there is can it be skipped?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    If your knees are that bad, honestly, Insanity is probably not the program for you. Yes, you can modify a lot of the moves, but most of it is intense plyometric work, involving jumping from a bent position.
  • AllisonLorah
    AllisonLorah Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The program is a lot of squatting and then jumping. Plus you are constantly getting on the floor and back up again. I would try something with a little less impact on your joints. You should try some kind of dance workout to keep your heart rate up and get you sweating without killing your joints.
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If your knees are that bad, honestly, Insanity is probably not the program for you. Yes, you can modify a lot of the moves, but most of it is intense plyometric work, involving jumping from a bent position.

^^^ I agree. My knees would hurt for days after
  • melly7171
    melly7171 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thanks guys...think i might just go buy a dance game or zumba maybe for the wii or kinect
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Don't let them discourage you! I've been doing insanity for about two weeks and I love it! My husband has a bad ankle and has recently started, he loves it too, you can always modify and if it's something you can't do skip that one. That's one think Shawn t repeats numerous times is to take a break when you need and avoid injury. You can do it if you put your mind too it and make it work for you :)
  • Leanalgreen
    Leanalgreen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Don't let them discourage you! I've been doing insanity for about two weeks and I love it! My husband has a bad ankle and has recently started, he loves it too, you can always modify and if it's something you can't do skip that one. That's one think Shawn t repeats numerous times is to take a break when you need and avoid injury. You can do it if you put your mind too it and make it work for you :)

Great attitude! I have this mindset with just about everything. This is one situation though that I can't recommend doing Insanity. I'm a beachbody coach and wouldn't sell Insanity to her even if she handed me the cash. It's true there are some situations where you can subsitute a workout if it hurts. My wife does this with a few of them because she had knee surgery. If your knees are so bad that you can't kneel you won't get anyhing out of this routine and you will be forced to quit.

Beachbody does have several other workouts that may be better suited for you.
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything in insanity includes something you can't do, lots of lunges, squats, jumping, getting on the floor and all of the combined sometimes.
  • melly7171
    melly7171 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have had someone lend me their copy of insanity...i couldnt even do the fit test!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have been looking at getting the Insanity dvds but my problem is i have very bad knees, i cant kneel, get on the floor or do lunges or pretty much bend them very much. Is there much of that in the work out? If there is can it be skipped?

I am an Insanity and Asylum fanatic and try to push this workout on everyone but I would tell you hell no, not to sound mean or rude, but to spare you from hurting or injuring yourself. You need good knees, you need to kneel, you need to do lunges and bend. You cannot skip any of this or you will be standing there the entire time doing nothing. You would be modifying almost every thing in the workouts. There are a lot of good workouts out there that won't kill you body. What are you interested in? Toning, losing weight, fun, sport? Or did you just want to look at Shaun T every day ;)
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Great attitude! I have this mindset with just about everything. This is one situation though that I can't recommend doing Insanity. I'm a beachbody coach and wouldn't sell Insanity to her even if she handed me the cash. It's true there are some situations where you can subsitute a workout if it hurts. My wife does this with a few of them because she had knee surgery. If your knees are so bad that you can't kneel you won't get anyhing out of this routine and you will be forced to quit.

Beachbody does have several other workouts that may be better suited for you.

A Beachbody coach that doesn't push a workout on someone even if they handed you the money? That's a first. Get out of here lol. I like you :D