womens workout gear

Options
suggestions for not too pricey workout gear - if youre in the US online would be good (im in Australia)

Thanks
:)

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you mean for "gear". My clothing I buy at the local store. I don't skimp money on shoes or bras. I bought my sports bra at Title Nine, worth every penny, and my shoes I bought at a local running store.
  • lewis350
    lewis350 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am from Australia, have a look at Kmart, they have some cheap exercise clothes.
  • klewlis
    klewlis Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Do you have Winners there? I have found some great deals on name brand gear.

But in general, I find that it's worthwhile to invest the money into high-quality clothing (especially for running) because the comfort level and longevity makes a huge difference.
  • yayjay
    yayjay Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies! yeah i meant more clothes than anything
    i have new balance shoes which i LOVE and their company attitude is fairly awesome
    they actually allow you to buy the shoes, and you have up to a month to exchange them if they dont feel right when youre actually exercising. but what do they do with returned pairs? they strip them down and re make the shoes for the homeless.
    plus the pair i bought are amazingly comfortable.
    Im a big fan of davenport sports bras too so its more running tights and workout singlets - tight but not too tight. Im loving a brand called blockout but just looking for others.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Bottoms - I always wear Nike dri-fit. 2 pairs of full length leggings plus 3/4 length also. Worth every penny.

Tops - I wear lose fitting tops as my tummy is my worst area. Puma seem to be the best at recognising the fact that you don't want a tight fitting top that accentuates your belly area (!) so I have 4 tops from them which I wear.

Runners - Asics.

Socks - Karamor. Cushioned as the soles of my feet tend to get sore.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I find Big W and Kmart are great for cheap quality clothing. I have a $10 pair of shorts from Big W that I love. They also have cheap wick tops.

Lorna Jane gear is so comfy but not worth the price. I'm lucky as I work across from a DFO which has a wholesale Nike, LJ, AASICS and New Balance so I buy up when cheap. ($50 Capri tights SkinsShe today!)